One of the most popular trends on Instagram is the Before and After Scan filter. This trend shows the poster’s supposed twin. If you want to join the trend, but don’t know how, here’s what you need to know.
What is Before and After Scan
As someone who is not familiar with Before and After Scan Instagram, the first thing you need to know is that it is a filter used to create effects on reels. Filters are special effects applied to photos or videos to help improve them.
As a filter, Before and After Scan creates an interesting effect using a moving bar or line that goes over the video you are recording and replaces it with a new one.
Many people are using this filter for different purposes. The most obvious way is to display an improvement that can be shown physically such as an appearance glow-up. It can also show how it degraded over time.
An example of this is to provide a comparison between the poster’s bare face and their fully made-up one or vice versa. Pretty straightforward, right?
The best part is you can use your creativity to use this filter in a more imaginative manner. A current trend among young Instagram users is the show a Before and After video of themselves and their supposed twin.
There are different ways to use this filter in a fun and entertaining manner, and these examples are just some of them.
How to Use Before and After Scan
With a lot of applications for this filter, you might be wondering how to do the Before and After Scan filter on Instagram.
What you need to remember is that it works just like any reel filter on the social media platform. So, if you have been applying filters on your Instagram posts, then you can definitely use this particular filter.
For those unfamiliar with filters, here’s how to do Before and After Scan on Instagram in several easy steps.
- Make sure to have a clear concept of what you are trying to do. Are you doing a literal before and after post? Or perhaps you are going for the supposed twin concept? The most important and first step is to plan your content.
- After you come up with the perfect plan, you need to prepare the content you want to include. You might be surprised to learn that you need to take a photo using your standard camera app or download one from the Internet.
- Then, launch the Instagram application.
- Go to the search page and type in Before and After Scan. This will show you different posts that use this filter.
- Tap on any one of these posts. Above the username, you will see a clickable icon with the name of the filter: Before/After Scan. Tap on this icon and save the filter.
- At the bottom, you will see a button that says Use this effect. Selecting this icon will take you to the Create Post page.
- You can also access this page by tapping on the top right button that looks like a box with a plus sign or you can tap on the Reels icon at the bottom center of the screen. This will open the Reels feed where you can watch content by other people.
- Then, tap on the icon at the top right corner to create a new post.
- Once you are ready, tap on the Add media icon and select the photo you prepared.
- Tap and hold the record button to start filming your reel.
What If Before and After Scan Not Working
Now that you know how to do Before and After Scan, you may be ready to use the filter. One problem would be if the filter fails to load even after following the steps above. If this is the case, here are some solutions you should consider.
Restart the App
- Go to your home screen by tapping on the home button.
- Tap on the recents button if you are on Android or drag the screen up if you are on iOS.
- Locate the Instagram app and swipe to exit the application.
- Re-launch the app and try again.
Update the App
- If the first solution does not work, you might want to update the app by going to your download source. This would be the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Search for Instagram and check if there is an update.
- Tap on the Update button.
- Wait for the process to finish, relaunch the app, and try again.
Re-save the Filter
- Another way to go is to try saving the filter again. You can do this by going to a post that uses this app.
- Click on the filter.
- Tap on the save button to unsave it.
- Then, save it again.
- Try creating a post.
Other Interesting Filters You May Want to Try
Aside from Before/After Scan Instagram, you might also want to try other cool filters that you might want to check out.
- BW Vibe – Individuals who love the black-and-white aesthetic will definitely appreciate what this filter has to offer. It lets you create videos or photos that come only in a classic monotone composition.
- Cute 90s – If you want to go for a different nostalgic or retro route, you might want to try this filter that gives photos and videos that blurry, yet aesthetic look.
- Silly Face – Those who are looking for a more fun experience should check what Silly Face has to offer. This filter exaggerates the eyes and expression of the subject, which can give them a cute, funny, and even scary look.
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms out there. With the wide variety of filters and effects such as Before/After Scan available not only for reels, but also for still photos, you can make the most out of your IG experience.