Thousands of Instagram users post Instagram stories every day. However, this feature is a temporary activity, which means that if one posts an Instagram story, it will only exist for one day.
If you have come across an interesting Instagram story and want to see it now and then, the only solution is to screenshot and save it to your device.
However, not all Instagram story users are willing to be saved. Thus, the question “can you see if someone screenshots your Instagram story?” has been asked more and more frequently nowadays.
- 1 Can You See Who Screenshots Your Instagram Story
- 2 How to Check Who Screenshotted Your Instagram Post
- 3 When Will Instagram Notify You of the Screenshot
- 4 How to Avoid being Screenshotted on Instagram
- 5 How to Screenshot Instagram without Them Knowing
- 6 Find Words
Can You See Who Screenshots Your Instagram Story
Before June 2018, there was a feature on Instagram that helped users to check who screenshotted their Instagram stories. You can check the viewers of your Instagram story, and the one with a loading icon next to is who screenshots it.
However, Instagram has changed its function lots of times and this feature has been removed for more than 4 years.
In a word, you can not see who screenshots your Instagram story in 2022.
Also read: Can You Hide Who You Follow on Instagram?
How to Check Who Screenshotted Your Instagram Post
In addition to the Instagram story, many users also worry about their posts being screenshotted by someone else.
Unfortunately, you also cannot see who screenshotted your Instagram post. That is to say, Instagram will not send you any notifications if someone screenshot or record your post or story.
On the other hand, if you have followed a friend or a well-known person, you can also screenshot their posts and stories without them knowing.
When Will Instagram Notify You of the Screenshot
After reading the content above, you may want to know if Instagram did not send notifications for any kind of screenshot. Take it easy, we will help you find the answer.
According to our research, Instagram will send you a notification if someone has screenshotted the message and media you have sent to them via Instagram DMs.
How to Avoid being Screenshotted on Instagram
If you do not want to be screenshotted by strangers, you can try these methods.
Make Your Account Private
Making an account private can help protect your Instagram from being screenshotted by strangers. Once enabled this feature, only the account you have approved can see the content you have shared.
- Follow these steps:
- Open your Instagram app, and then tap your profile.
- Then, find the hamburger icon and tap it to enter Settings.
- Now, tap the Account Privacy option.
- At last, toggle the button next to Private Account to enable it.
Hide Your Instagram Stories
You can also hide your Instagram stories from a particular person. Check the steps below.
- Go to your Instagram app first.
- Tap your profile icon and then the hamburger icon.
- Choose Archive from here.
- Scroll down to find the Story option.
- Tap on it to check the viewers of your Instagram story.
- Now, click on the three-dots icon next to the viewer.
- Choose to Hide your story from the pop-up menu.
- Then tap Hide to confirm your operation.
Now, the user you have chosen to hide will not have a chance to screenshot your Instagram story anymore, you can feel free to enjoy this app.
How to Screenshot Instagram without Them Knowing
There are some solutions that help you screenshot content without the senders knowing, you can check them here.
- Use airplane mode: the notification will be sent when the app detects your operation, if you used airplane mode to screenshot something, Instagram will not detect it.
- Screenshot on the web: the second solution is to use Instagram on the web. You can simply log in to your Instagram with Google Chrome or any other browser you like.
- Take photos with another device: the last way is to use the camera on your other device to take photos.
Now, we are sure that you have known the answer to “can you see when someone screenshots your Instagram story?” If you want to know more tips on Instagram, please comment below and we are glad to help with it.