You can post videos on Instagram as reels, stories, and also posts. And you can analyze the activities of your friends or visitors on Instagram. Sometimes, you may wonder “Can you see who views your Instagram videos?”
The answer is yes. However, the “yes” is only for the videos you posted as an Instagram story and you can only check the visitors when the story is still lives.
For Instagram reels and posts, you can only see the total number of views and part of the viewers who have liked them. To learn the detailed steps, follow us to start.
How to See Who Viewed Your Instagram Story Video
Before checking how viewed your Instagram story, you must know that the images or videos will disappear after 24 hours. Thus, if you have posted a video as an Instagram story for more than 1 day, your visitors will not be able to see it.
To see who views your Instagram story, follow these steps:
- Open your Instagram app.
- Tap Your Story at the top left corner of the man interface.
- Now, find the Activity option and tap it.
- A pop-up window will appear and show you the number of views.
- Tap the eye icon, you will see the list of visitors who have seen this story.
How to See Who Viewed Your Instagram Reels/Posts Video
If you have shared a video as an Instagram Reel, then you will only be able to see the total views as this feature does not support seeing the visitors’ profiles.
Check the steps below:
- Launch your Instagram app first.
- Find your profile icon and tap it to enter your profile page.
- Now you will see all your Instagram posts, and tap the video you want to check.
- Scroll to the bottom of the video, you can see the count of the plays which means the views. Besides, you can also see the person who liked it.
As the liked ones also mean viewers, you can check their profiles. However, if you want to see the full list of them, I’m afraid that there is no way.
Also Read: How to view old stories on Instagram>>
FAQs about Instagram Views
1. Why is Instagram not showing my video views?
There are two main reasons:
- Please clear the cache on your device to try again as too many caches may cause different bugs.
- Instagram only shows the views within the Instagram app, which means if someone views your video from a browser, it will not be counted by Instagram.
2. Can you see who has viewed your Instagram reels?
Yes. However, you can only see who has both viewed and liked the Instagram reels. For the person who only viewed your Instagram reels, Instagram provides no way to see them.
3. If you view someone’s video on Instagram, will they get notified?
If the video is shared as an Instagram story, the user can find your profile in the viewers’ history. However, If the video is shared as reels or posts, they will not know you have viewed it.
4. Can I hide views on Instagram?
Yes, you can follow the steps below:
- Open your Instagram app and enter your profile interface.
- Tap Settings and then choose Privacy.
- Now, find the post and tap it.
- Enable Hide like and view counts from there.
5. Can I see who views my Instagram profile?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. Instagram will not notify you if someone has visited your profile page. However, you can check the person who has viewed your Instagram story and liked your Instagram posts.
6. If I view someone on Instagram will they know?
Generally, the answer is no. No matter whether you search for someone or check someone’s profile on Instagram, the platform will not notify the user. You can take it easy.
Can you see who views your Instagram video? Of course yes, you can see the views and the list of viewers for your Instagram story. As for the Instagram reels and posts, you can see the plays and the person who has liked them.