Instagram is a popular app for thousands of daily users, especially for the Story feature. However, it is not always working. You may find that sometimes the Instagram story won’t upload with a message telling you “couldn’t upload, try again.”
So, how to fix the can’t post on Instagram story issue? We have listed the most complete tips in this post, let’s learn them together.
- 1 Why Can’t I Post on My Instagram Story
- 2 How to Fix Instagram Story Not Uploading Quickly
- 2.1 Check Instagram Server
- 2.2 Check Your Internet Connection or Switch to Use WiFi/Cellular Data
- 2.3 Check the Status of Your Instagram Account
- 2.4 Try to Upload Another Video or Photo
- 2.5 Check the Media Formats Instagram Supports
- 2.6 Update Instagram to the Latest Version
- 2.7 Restart Your Device If Instagram Story Not Uploading
- 2.8 Clear Caches to Solve Can’t Post on IG Story
- 2.9 Try to Use the Web Version of Instagram
- 2.10 Report the Problem to Instagram Official
- 3 Instagram Story Not Uploading? Solved!
Why Can’t I Post on My Instagram Story
Before talking about how to fix the can’t post on IG story issue, we would like to tell you the reasons first, check them below.
- The Instagram server is down.
- Your internet connection is too weak to upload an Instagram story.
- There are problems with your Instagram account, like blocking, disabling, or restricting.
- The content you want to upload as a story violates the terms of Instagram.
- Instagram does not support the format of the video or photo you want to upload.
- You have used too many elements in the content you wish to post.
- The version of the Instagram you are using is too old.
- There is an uncertain bug with your mobile device.
How to Fix Instagram Story Not Uploading Quickly
According to the causes we have listed above, here are the tips that can help you with solving the Instagram story not uploading problem.
Check Instagram Server
The first thing you need to do is to check the Instagram server. There are two ways:
- You can go to Twitter and search #Instagramisdown, if there are many users reporting the same issue, you may need to wait for Instagram back to normal.
- Open your browser and then go to downdetector.com to check if there is a problem with the Instagram server.
Check Your Internet Connection or Switch to Use WiFi/Cellular Data
If there is no problem with the Instagram server, the most possible reason is that you have a weak or slow network.
To check an Internet connection, you can go to fast.com, this site will check your internet speed and show you the result in seconds.
Then, you can try to switch between WiFi and cellular data to upload your Instagram story again.
Read Also: How to Fix Instagram Story Not Working
Check the Status of Your Instagram Account
Follow these steps if your Instagram not posting story:
- Open your Instagram app, then tap the profile icon.
- There is a hamburger icon in the top right of this interface, tap it,
- Choose Settings from here.
- Find the Account option, and tap it to check your status.
Try to Upload Another Video or Photo
To check if your content has violated the terms of Instagram, you can try to upload a video or photo without using any emojis or stickers, or you can simply use your camera app to record a new video.
Check the Media Formats Instagram Supports
- The aspect ratio you can use in an Instagram story is between 1.91:1 and 9:16.
- The minimum frame rate is 30 FPS (frames per second).
- Minimum resolution of a video is 720 pixels.
- File size of a video up to 10 minutes should be less than 650MB.
- For a video up to 60 minutes, the file size should less than 3.6GB.
Photo Formats: the best format for a photo you upload to Instagram is 1080 pixels with an aspect ratio between 1.91:1 and 4:5.
Update Instagram to the Latest Version
A new version of an app usually fixes lots of bugs. If you have tried all the ways above but not working, an update may help solve the issue.
- If you are using an iPhone, you can go to App Store to upgrade it.
- If you are using an Android device, you can go to Google Play Store or other app download sites to update it.
Restart Your Device If Instagram Story Not Uploading
As there may be uncertain bugs, a restart always helps. Once you restart your mobile device, all the apps working background will be closed and many minor problems will be solved.
Clear Caches to Solve Can’t Post on IG Story
For iPhone users, you can uninstall the Instagram app to clear possible caches, then reinstall it to try to upload a story to check if the problem still exists.
For Android users, you can go to Settings > Apps to find Instagram. Tap it and then select Storage. Now tap Clear data and Clear cache.
Try to Use the Web Version of Instagram
When there are issues with the Instagram app, the Instagram story won’t upload error may occur.
In this case, you can open your browser to log in to the web version of Instagram, Then try to upload your video or photo to it.
Report the Problem to Instagram Official
If you are sure that it is a technical problem, you need to report it to Instagram to help solve it. Follow these steps:
- Go to your Instagram Profile and then Settings.
- Next, find and tap Help.
- Now, tap Report a Problem.
- Choose the section your problem may belong to.
- Enter the details of your issue and attached the screenshot.
- Tap Submit to finish the whole process.
Instagram Story Not Uploading? Solved!
Problems always appear now and then, but don’t worry about them. For the Instagram story not uploading issue, we are sure that the problems in the article will help solve it. If you have faced a new error, don’t hesitate to let us know and we will help as soon as possible.