If you use Snapchat frequently, you may have seen a small grey X next to some of your friends’ usernames. Interested to know what the grey x on Snapchat means? This article will look into the grey X next to Snapchat names and explain what it means. So, keep reading on to find out.
What Does The X Next To The Name Mean On Snapchat?
The X next to the name may appear for different reasons. It depends on where you see it. Generally, the X next to the name appears on the person who is not in your friend list. This kind of reminder to add that person to your friend list if you haven’t already. Just tap on the X mark. Or, if you don’t want to be friends anymore, you can tap on “Clear Conversation.”
Following are common meanings of seeing a grey X next to someone’s name.
1. You still need to accept the friend request of that person
The first and very common reason for seeing a grey X next to Snapchat name is that you have not accepted their request to add them to your Friends list. Because you grant permission to Snapchat to access your contacts, it shows all your contacts, including those not added to your Snapchat friend list.
2. You have removed that person from your friend list
The other reason for seeing a grey X next to a Snapchat name is that you have removed that person from your friend list.
3. You are removed from that person’s friend list
The last possibility is: that person has removed you from their friend list. If you remember you added that person to your friend list, but now you are seeing a grey X beside their name, there is a possibility they removed or blocked you.
Related guide: what is quick add on Snapchat?
What Does It Mean When A Grey X Appears Next to A Snapchat Conversation?
If you see a grey X next to a Snapchat conversation, the person you are chatting with still needs to be added to your friend list. It is a little reminder that the person you are chatting with is not on your friend list. If you add that person to your friend list, this grey X will be disappeared from the conversation.
How to Remove the Grey X Next to the Snapchat Name
To remove this grey X, you must add that person to your friend list. You can try the different ways below to remove the X on Snapchat.
Add that person to your friend list
To remove the grey x and add the user to your friend list, follow these steps:
- Open Snapchat and swipe down to access your profile screen.
- Tap on the “Add Friends” button.
- In the “Add Friends” screen, type in the username of the person you want to add.
- Tap on the “Add” button next to their username.
- If you are already added to that person’s friend list, the grey X will be disappeared immediately.
- If you are not added, this grey X will disappear when that person adds you to their friend list.
- If the add button is not appearing, that person may have sent you a friend request, and you have not yet accepted it.
- If you have yet to accept their friend request, tap on the X to accept their request.
Related guide: what does wtm mean on Snapchat?
1. Does x on Snapchat mean blocked?
X mark next to a contact name does not necessarily mean they have blocked you. There may be many other reasons why it can appear. But, if you have added someone on Snapchat and they have not removed you, and you see a grey X next to their name, they may have blocked you.
2. What does the Snapchat camera icon next to snap mean?
The camera icon next to the snap means that this snap is taken using the Snapchat camera. This icon indicates that the snap or video you have received is original and does not import from the device’s camera roll.
3. Why is there a grey X on Snapchat but still friends?
If you see a grey X on a person that is added to your friend list, that person may have removed you from their friend list. The person is still on your friend list, but you are no longer added to their friend list.
The grey X next to a Snapchat name may have different meanings depending on where you see it. However, it is commonly seen next to the name of someone who needs to be added to your friend list. Therefore, seeing an X next to someone’s name on Snapchat might indicate that you don’t have them on your friend list.