Instagram now allows people to add their location in their bio. This comes in handy in promoting yourself or your business. If you want to take advantage of this feature and wish to learn how to add location on Instagram bio, make sure to read through the article.
- 1 What Should You Do First to Add Location to Instagram?
- 2 How to Add Location on Instagram Bio
- 3 How to Remove Location from Instagram Bio
- 4 Why can’t I add my location on Instagram? How to Fix
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
What Should You Do First to Add Location to Instagram?
To add location to Instagram bio, there are some things you need to have in order to have a seamless user experience. One of these is ensuring you have already enabled the location services on your device. You can do this by going to your Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
If you’re planning to learn how to put location in Instagram bio, especially a custom location, you first need to do a Facebook check-in primarily because the two are connected.
Switch to Business Account
For those who are handling a business account on Instagram, knowing how to add location to IG bio can make a world of difference in letting followers and prospective customers discover you. To switch to a business account from a personal one, here’s how.
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile.
- Tap the icon with three horizontal lines located in the upper right corner.
- Go to Settings then choose the ‘Switch to Professional Account’ option.
- If the former option isn’t available, go to Account from Settings and tap on Continue.
- Choose your business category and press Done then Ok to proceed.
- Click on Business, then Next, and add your business’ contact details if available.
- Once the info is saved, click on the X at the top right corner and this will bring you to your business profile.
How to Add Location on Instagram Bio
After switching your account to business, follow these steps:
- To continue adding location to Instagram bio, select Edit Profile under your bio profile.
- Under Public Business Information, choose Contact Options.
- Tap on the Business address and add the location. Complete the necessary information on the text boxes provided.
- Click on Done and tap on Save.
How to Remove Location from Instagram Bio
If learning how to put location on Instagram bio isn’t your thing, you can certainly remove the location as easily.
- Open Instagram and go to your profile.
- Under Contact Options, go to Settings.
- Go to the Location and under it, click Remove.
Also Read: How to See Who Someone Recently Followed on Instagram
Why can’t I add my location on Instagram? How to Fix
There are a number of reasons why you may have difficulty adding your location on IG. Here’s why this is happening and the quick fixes behind it.
You Have Not Turned on the Location Settings for Instagram
If you have not enabled the location settings for Instagram, you won’t be able to add a location to your Instagram bio.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Privacy.
- Then, choose Location Services. This would allow IG to know your location.
You Haven’t Updated Your Instagram
If you have an outdated version of the app, you won’t be able to access the add to location feature. how To be able to add location to Instagram bio, make sure your app is updated to the latest version.
- Go to the app store.
- Look up Instagram in the search bar.
- Tap on Update to proceed.
Can I add multiple location links on Instagram bio?
You can learn how to add location on IG bio with multiple links on it. However, you need to use a link hub as Instagram only lets you put one link in your bio. A hub is useful since this has multiple links to different locations and pages.
How to add locations to an existing Instagram post?
To learn how to add a location to an existing Instagram post, open the app and above the video or photo, tap on the icon with three dots. Click on ‘Edit’ and ‘Add Location,’ then key in the location. Click on the check mark or ‘Done’ to save the changes.
How to add location to an Instagram story?
To add a location to your Instagram story, open the Instagram app. Then, open the Story screen by swiping left and choose the photo or video you want to post. Open the square smiley face and tap on ‘Location.’ Type in the location you wish to share and tap ‘Select.’
Now that you know how to add address to Instagram bio, you can make yourself and your business more visible to followers and buyers alike.