Taking photos and videos serve as your life’s memory. These, after all, hold key moments in your life that play an important role in who you are today. You can share this on Snapchat, but the platform doesn’t automatically back up your camera roll. Thankfully, you can still learn how to back up your camera roll to Snapchat without any difficulty.
What Happens If Snapchat Says “Your Camera Roll Isn’t Backed Up By Snapchat?”
This might seem alarming to many, especially when you don’t have any idea what’s going to happen to your camera roll. Simply put, this is just the app letting you know that you have not synced this your gallery with the platform. Bear in mind that your gallery isn’t backed up on Snapchat automatically.
Even though you have received this message, you can still access your phone’s camera roll without any problem despite not backing this up on the Snapchat app. Think of this message as a nudge of sorts that pushes you to back up camera roll on Snapchat.
How to Back Up Camera Roll On Snapchat
If you want to add and back up your photo gallery to Snapchat, you can do this by saving images as a story. This lets Snapchat back up your camera roll. You can do this whether you have an Android or iPhone. Look at the steps below.
- Open Snapchat and go to ‘Memories.’
- Tap on the Camera Roll located under ‘Memories.’
- Select videos or images you want to back up on Snapchat and click on ‘Export.’
- Share the files via Snapchat by choosing the app on the menu provided.
- Click on ‘Save.’
- Go to ‘Snaps’ to see the saved videos and photos.
- Start by opening the app.
- Go to the ‘Memories’ icon located on the left side of the shutter button.
- Click on Camera Roll which you can find under ‘Memories.’
- Once you are on the Camera Roll of your phone, a message will pop up saying that your camera isn’t backed up. Choose the pictures and or videos you want to back up.
- Tap on the ‘More’ option.
- Choose ‘Create Story.’ This automatically lets you save the story, so tap on ‘Save Story’ to proceed.
- Check under ‘Memories’ to see the backed-up images and videos.
How to Back Up Snapchat Memories Automatically
To automatically save Snapchat Memories, using Smart Backup is key. This gives you the peace of mind you need to immediately save your memories. Follow these steps on how to back camera roll with Snapchat using the Smart Backup feature.
- Open Snapchat.
- Go to your profile and tap on ‘Settings.’
- Click on ‘Memories.’
- Under ‘Storage,’ you’ll find Smart Backup.
- Turn the toggle on to activate the Smart backup feature.
How to Back Up Snapchat Memories to Camera Roll
You can back up the camera roll to Snapchat simply by exporting your Snap. Here are the steps you should follow.
- Go to Snapchat memories.
- Tap on the image you want to save.
- Click and hold the image to open up a different menu.
- Pick ‘Export Snap.’
- Choose ‘Download’ to save and back up on the camera roll.
Why isn’t my camera roll backed up by Snapchat?
Your camera roll isn’t backed up by Snapchat by default. This may be due to you using an outdated version of the app, having low memory or cloud storage, or choppy internet connection. You can, however, use the guide above to learn how to do it.
Can Snapchat photos be backed up?
Yes, you can back up Snapchat photos. The aforementioned guide details how to back camera roll up on Snapchat. Snapchat has a feature that lets you add photos to your Snapchat Memories.
Is it safe to use a third-party app to back up the camera roll to Snapchat?
There are some third-party apps authorized for you to use by Snapchat. To be sure of the app you’re using, check out the list provided by the platform on its website.
Looking back on your fond memories over time will be possible with this guide on how to back up my camera roll on Snapchat. By following the methods above, you can ensure the safety and security of your photos and videos.