As TikTok becomes more and more popular all over the world, almost everyone has a TikTok account. Whether watching funny videos or using them to share your life, you need to have an account.
The username is essential if you want to get more views on TikTok. However, once you create a TikTok account with a casual username, you need to wait for 30 days until you you change it. Is there any way to change TikTok username before 30 days? That’s what we want to talk about today.
- 1 Is It Possible to Change TikTok Name?
- 2 How to Change TikTok Name
- 3 How to Change TikTok Username Before 30 Days for iPhone
- 4 How to Change Your TikTok Username Before 30 Days on Android
- 5 What If the Ways to Change TikTok Username Before 30 Days Not Working?
- 6 Faqs about Change TikTok Name
- 7 Conclusion
Is It Possible to Change TikTok Name?
Yes, you can change your TikTok name if you are unsatisfied with the previous one. However, to avoid the abuse of a username or some illegal activities, TikTok limits users from changing their username every 30 days.
In a word, every user can change their TikTok name but need to obey the 30 days rule.
How to Change TikTok Name
If you have waited for 30 or more than 30 days, you can follow the steps below to change your TikTok name.
- On your device, open the TikTok app and click your profile (me icon) in the bottom right.
- You will find the Edit profile button; click on it.
- Tap on the Username and enter the new one.
- Click “Save” to change your username.
- Like TikTok has noted to you, the usernames only support containing letters, numbers, underscores, and periods. Besides, please do not put periods at the end of the username.
- If you have a verified account, please be more careful before changing the username, as it will cause a loss of verification. You need to go to the TikTok support center and “Report a Problem” to change your account name.
How to Change TikTok Username Before 30 Days for iPhone
Changing your TikTok username is easy, but how to change your TikTok username before 30 days? Users have found a way to work; you can do that by changing your iPhone device time.
- Launch your iPhone and go to the Settings app.
- Tap on General and then Date & Time.
- Find the Set Automatically option under Date & Time, then disable it.
- Now, set the date and time on your iPhone to 30 days later.
- Save the settings and go back to your TikTok.
- You can try now if you are able to change your TikTok username without waiting for 30 days.
How to Change Your TikTok Username Before 30 Days on Android
As for Android users, you can also try similar steps to bypass the 30 days limit. Let’s go on:
- Launch your Android phone and also go to the Settings app.
- Next, please scroll down to find the System or System and Update; it depends on the model of your Android phone.
- Find the Date & Time, and tap it.
- Now disable both Automatic date & time and Automatic time zone.
- Manually set your device time to have a 30 days gap with the current time.
- Save your changes and go to TikTok to check if it takes effect.
What If the Ways to Change TikTok Username Before 30 Days Not Working?
The way to bypass 30 days limit is to change your device time. However, it is proven that the method is not helpful sometimes, as TikTok has already verified the bug and fixed it.
If you cannot change your TikTok username immediately, there is no other way but to wait for 30 days.
By the way, maybe you can try to delete your account and create a new one, or you can uninstall it and install it to see if it works.
Faqs about Change TikTok Name
1. Why can’t I change TikTok Name?
There are three requirements you need to check:
- If the username you want to change is unique.
- If there are periods at the end of your username.
- If you have changed your username within 30 days.
2. How do I change my TikTok Username 2022?
The way to change TikTok username is always the same, you can simply go to your profile > Edit profile > tap Username > enter your desired new username to change it.
3. What is the TikTok username character limit?
You can create your TikTok username with between 2 and 24 characters.
If you are not a favorite or trending account on TikTok, we think the 30 days of waiting is not difficult to pass as there are so many exciting videos and effects.
In a word, the ways to modify the TikTok name without waiting for 30 days are not really practical. If new helpful ways come out, we will update them in our articles.