Your birthday is a momentous occasion and it should be celebrated accordingly. Snapchat is one of the apps that helps you celebrate your special day by setting your birthday. If you want to make changes to this, you should read this article to learn how to change your birthday on Snap.
- 1 Can I Change My Birthday on Snapchat
- 2 How to Change Your Birthday on Snap
- 3 What is the Limit for Changing Your Birthday on Snapchat
- 4 How to Hide Birthday Date on Snapchat
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
Can I Change My Birthday on Snapchat
If you’re wondering “how do I change my birthday on Snapchat,” you have come to the right place. The answer to this question is yes, you can change your birthday on Snapchat. You can do this if you have made a mistake in keying in your birth date.
However, you cannot change it as many times as you want. Once you have reached the limit, you cannot change your birthday anymore. There are, however, limitations to this. If you are over 18, you cannot change your birth year. If you are under 18 years old, you cannot change your birth year.
How to Change Your Birthday on Snap
- Start by opening Snapchat and logging into your account.
- Tap the Bitmoji to go into your profile.
- Click on the gear icon to open the settings.
- Choose ‘Birthday’ located under the My Account section.
- To proceed to learn how to change Snapchat birthday, pick the right date of birth and click ‘Okay’ to confirm.
- Tap on ‘Continue.’
- Then, confirm the new date and age by clicking on the ‘OK’ button.
For more details, please check the video guide:
Guess you like: Can You Hide Your Snap Score?
What is the Limit for Changing Your Birthday on Snapchat
- The limit for changing your birthday on Snapchat is just once. However, Snapchat has yet to announce the limit for the number of times you can change your birthday on the app.
- Besides this, users should know that although they can change their date of birth on Snapchat, the app prohibits users from changing it far too often for whatever reason.
- If you have already changed your date of birth, you might not be able to change your birthday on Snapchat again even if you look through guides on how do you change your birthday on Snapchat.
How to Hide Birthday Date on Snapchat
If learning how to change your birthday on Snap isn’t enough and hiding this is the answer, you should check out this quick guide on how to do this below.
- Open the Snapchat app on your device.
- Open your profile page by clicking on your Bitmoji.
- Then, click on the gear icon to open settings.
- Then, under the My Account section, choose Birthday.
- Disable this and make your birthday private by removing the check mark next to ‘Birthday Party.’ Doing so will likewise disable astrology-related charms.
Do you have to be 18 to make a public profile on Snapchat?
Yes, you need to be at least 18 years of age to make a public profile on Snapchat. You can, however, have a private Snapchat account if you are at least 13 years old.
Does Snapchat notify you when it’s your birthday?
Snapchat does notify other users if it’s your birthday or it’s your other friends’ birthday, provided that the birthdays are mentioned or located in the user’s profile. This is made possible through the Birthday Mini feature that they have launched in 2021.
Why won’t it let me change by birth year on Snapchat?
The app won’t let you change your birth year at all on Snapchat if you are under 18 years of age. On the other hand, if you are over 18 years old, you won’t be able to change the birth year to make yourself younger than you really are.
How old do you have to be to have Snapchat?
The minimum age you have to be allowed on Snapchat is 13. This is in compliance with the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
Should you put your actual birthday on Snapchat?
You don’t have to put your actual birthday on Snapchat and even on other social media websites, but this could lead to complications much later. You should, however, limit who sees this to safeguard your security and privacy.
Now that you know how to change your birthday on Snapchat, you can start fixing your real birthday on the app in case you have placed an incorrect date. By tinkering with the settings, you can hide your birthday whenever you want and keep your peace of mind with this added privacy setting.