Snapchat is constantly evolving, adding new fun features to keep up with users’ demands. One of its more recent exciting features is the Cameo Selfie. It is a fun way to share personalized gifs with friends. However, many users are unfamiliar with how to take advantage of it. If you are also unsure how to use Cameo on Snapchat, then this guide is for you. Read on to learn what it is, how to change your Cameo on Snapchat, how to limit its visibility and more.
- 1 What is Cameo on Snapchat?
- 2 How to Change Your Cameo on Snapchat
- 3 How to Change Your Cameo Friend on Snapchat
- 4 How to Limit Who Can Use My Cameos Selfie on Snapchat
- 5 How to Send Cameos in Chat
- 6 FAQs about Cameos on Snapchat
- 7 Conclusion
What is Cameo on Snapchat?
A Cameo is essentially a personalized, animated gif that you can customize and share with your friends and other users on Snapchat. It is like a realistic Bitmoji that you can apply as a filter on your face to make your photo and content more entertaining and fun. Snapchat users can use this new feature to make Cameos with friends, create memes, put the user’s face on objects within a video, e.g. cat, dog, etc., and more.
How to Change Your Cameo on Snapchat
Changing your Cameo on Snapchat is fairly easy. There are two different methods available:
Way 1: How to Change Cameo on Snapchat with Chat Section
This is a method to change Cameo via the Chat section. Follow these instructions:
- Launch Snapchat, enter Chat and choose one of your friends.
- Now tap on the smiley icon. It will be shown next to the chat box and then tap one of the Cameo patterns shown at the bottom.
- Long-press a Cameo pattern and then tap on the New Selfie option.
- Your front camera will open. Simply use it to place your head within the selfie outline and then tap the camera icon to take the selfie. Your Cameo Selfie will be replaced with this new photo.
Way 2: How to Change My Cameo with Settings
This method uses the Settings menu of Snapchat to change Cameo. Here are the instructions:
- Launch Snapchat and navigate to your profile.
- Then navigate to Settings > Account Actions.
- Now find and tap on the Clear My Cameo Selfie option.
- Once your Cameo Selfie is erased, you can then proceed to add a new one.
How to Change Your Cameo Friend on Snapchat
You can create two-person Cameos on Snapchat. The option will appear when setting up Cameo Selfie. There, you can change your Cameo friend easily. However, to use this feature, you will need to change a setting. Follow these instructions:
- Launch Snapchat and navigate to the Settings menu.
- Navigate to the option ‘Who Can…’ and then tap on Use My Cameo Selfie option.
- Now select the My Friend option to feature your friends in the Cameos.
After these steps, you will be able to choose a friend with whom you want to share your Cameos. Keep in mind that your friend must give consent otherwise the feature won’t work.
Read also: How to Make and Send Fake Snaps
How to Limit Who Can Use My Cameos Selfie on Snapchat
You can use the Settings menu of Snapchat to limit who can use your Cameo Selfie on the platform. Follow these steps:
- Launch Snapchat and access the Settings menu.
- Navigate to the ‘Who Can…’ section and tap on the Use my Cameos Selfie option.
- If you want to allow everyone to use your Cameo, use the Everyone option. To limit the use of your Cameo Selfies to only friends, use the My Friends option. To make it private, use the Only Me option.
How to Send Cameos in Chat
Sending Cameos in the chat is quite easy. Follow these instructions:
- On Snapchat, navigate to the Chat section and then tap on the third icon at the bottom. It looks like a face outline with a faded plus sign. The Cameo selection screen will open.
- Choose your desired Cameo clip and then align it on your face when taking a selfie.
- Now simply hit the Send button to drop your Cameo Selfie into the chat and share it.
FAQs about Cameos on Snapchat
Check the quick answers for these Cameo faqs:
Can Everyone See Your Cameos on Snapchat?
Yes, but only if you have set Everyone under your ‘Who Can…’ > Use my Cameos Selfie setting.
Why Can’t I See My Friend’s Cameo on Snapchat?
If your friend has set ‘Who Can…’ > Use my Cameos Selfie setting to Only Me, then you won’t be able to see their Cameo. The same is the case if you are on your friend’s blocklist.
Can I Delete Cameos on Snapchat?
Yes. To do that, simply navigate to Account Actions in the Settings menu and tap on the Clear My Cameo Selfie option.
The Cameo feature on Snapchat has made playing Snap a lot more exciting and fun for many users. However, taking and/or changing your Cameo can be a little tricky, especially for new users. If you are also somewhat confused, use the guidelines above. The above information should be enough to help you get familiar with this feature so you can properly take advantage of it.