With the daily use of your mobile phone, you may find that it becomes slower and slower, why? That’s what we want to talk about today: the cache.
The cache would be created no matter which app you used or the music you listened to. For instance, if you usually surf on Instagram, there will be lots of Instagram cache on your device.
What are Instagram Caches
The Instagram cache may include the account you have viewed, your login information, the results you have searched, or the related app media files in the account.
In a word, the Instagram cache does well for your activities on it. With the use of them, you do not need to input your account and password every time and can quickly find your search history.
However, not all the caches are useful to you, there is no need to save every activity history in your Instagram account. That’s why we want to tell you how to clean Instagram cache.
How to Clear Instagram Cache with Android Device
If you are using an Android device, you can easily clear the Instagram cache with the built-in feature. As there are too many Android device models, we only list one kind of guide, the others are similar to it.
- Open Settings first, then select Apps/Apps & notifications.
- Now, find Instagram and tap it.
- You will be on the detailed info page, there are several selections, choose the Storage or Storage & cache option.
- Tap Clear cache to remove it.
How to Clear IG Cache on iPhone
For iPhone or iPad, the steps of clearing cache on Instagram are different from the Android devices. You will need to remove the Instagram app from your iPhone and then reinstall it to completely clear the caches.
However, there is no need to worry about any important data loss as an uninstallation will not delete any inside info. If you don’t how to uninstall an app on your iPhone, follow the steps below:
- On your iPhone’s main interface, find your Instagram app.
- Long press your finger on the Instagram app icon until it starts shaking or popping up a new menu.
- Choose Remove App.
- Tap Delete App to double confirm your operation.
- At last, you can go to App Store to install Instagram on your iPhone again.
How to Clean Instagram Cache (Same Way for iPhone/Android/Web)
As we have mentioned above, the Instagram cache contains all the search histories on your account, you can try to clear them to delete a lot of caches.
Here are the easiest steps to clear them.
- Open your Instagram app or enter https://www.instagram.com/ on your browser.
- Find the Search icon which is like a magnifier.
- Tap it and you will see a list of your recent searches.
- Click Clear all to remove all the search caches from your Instagram account.
What does clearing Instagram cache do?
Clearing Instagram cache will remove all the automatically saved information in your account, like search histories, your trace on the media or account you have visited, and many other uncertain files.
In a word, cleaning Instagram cache will free up storage on your device but do no harm to your Instagram account.
Does Instagram cache Include posted photos?
No, the caches are fragmented data. It does not include the photos or videos you have posted or saved to your device.
Will the Instagram clearing cache remove my chats?
No, all your messages, media, and personal content will still be in your account. They are not part of the cache that can be removed.
Now, we are sure that you have known how to clean Instagram cache. Don’t hesitate to delete them if you feel that you are in less storage.
Hope this article can be helpful to you!