People often refer to it as social media for girls. In fact, there are a lot of fun things in it, especially if you know the following Pinterest tips, including how to delete history on Pinterest.
This social media may not have as powerful an echo as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, but secretly, Pinterest has many loyal users. Many use Pinterest as a tool to find references, whether it’s design references, clothing references, pre-wedding photo references, to recipes. Others use it as a promotional tool.
If you’re new to social media, you should know these Pinterest tips on how to delete your history on Pinterest. Even if you’ve used it before, there might be something you don’t know.
- 1 How to Delete the Pinterest History
- 2 What Will Happen If I Clear the Pinterest App Cache
- 3 How to See My History on Pinterest
- 4 How to Hide My Activities on Pinterest
- 5 FAQS
- 6 Conclusion
How to Delete the Pinterest History
If you’re looking for an answer to how to delete browsing history on Pinterest, it’s actually easy. All you need to do is:
1. Select the search icon right from the home page.
2. Navigate to the search bar.
3. Now, you may see many search results here; clear some if you want by clicking the X button.
4. Then, the history will be left with none of your searches.
And that’s how to delete history from Pinterest; easy, right? You can always do these methods if you don’t want the other device users to see your Pinterest history.
What Will Happen If I Clear the Pinterest App Cache
Besides clearing Pinterest history, you can also clear the Pinterest app cache. When the cache is deleted, the data or information contained in an application or website will also be deleted.
So, when a user wants to revisit a website or open an application, it will take longer.
To do that, you can start navigating to the settings and then Account settings. Scroll through until you can find the Cached Data section. Click it, and tap the three buttons icon to reset the caches and browsing history.
How to See My History on Pinterest
Before doing ways to delete Pinterest history, indeed you have to know where to check it first. The thing is, understanding your past searches can be a nice, easy way to find the old pins you haven’t saved before.
The pins, both old and new, can be seen through history. In order to know what’s your Pinterest history, you can do several steps below:
1. Open the Pinterest app or web. It doesn’t matter which version you use.
2. Select the Profile Picture.
3. Click the three dots button to open a new setting.
4. Select the Settings option, and there you may see some options.
5. Click the Home feed tuner.
6. And finally, click the History tab to check what’s your Pinterest History.
How to Hide My Activities on Pinterest
Whether it’s on Instagram or Pinterest, there are some people who wish to stay private. To make your account private, you can do it through simple steps, such as:
1. First, use your device and log into your Pinterest account.
2. Select the drop-down button.
3. Select Settings.
4. Then, choose Privacy and data.
5. You can see the option Search Private right on the top. Now, if you wish to stay private, you can check the box that says Hide.
6. A notification will appear, telling you that it needs to take weeks to make your Pinterest account and pages stop appearing on the search engine result pages.
7. Click I Understand to finalize the project.
Can others see my search history on Pinterest?
No, anyone can’t see your search history on Pinterest. However, they are still able to see your Pins if made public.
How to stop people from seeing my pins?
In order to prevent anyone from seeing your pins, you can start changing your username or use the secret boards instead. The secret board makes it impossible for others to see your pages. However, you can always easily turn it into public anytime.
How to reset your Pinterest feed?
If you want to reset your Pinterest feed, it’ll take more than deleting the history. You need to clear the cache data as well. To do so, you can navigate to the Account Settings in Pinterest and choose the Cached Data. Select the three-dot buttons, and choose the clear data option.
And that’s how to delete your history on Pinterest and make your account private. Deleting history might be a good way to clean your Pinterest account. But before you start deleting them one by one, we suggest taking a look at your history first to know whether there’s a Pin you haven’t saved or not.