Although TikTok videos are usually short, content creators still spend some time and effort making them. Thankfully, you can learn how to edit a draft on TikTok, letting your hard work go published. This guide will let you in on how to do this and other similar variations. Read on to know more.
Can You Edit a Draft on TikTok
Many users and content creators have been asking this question. The short answer is YES, you can edit a draft on TikTok. There are various ways to go about editing this, so simply finding out the right solution for your needs and concerns is your next logical step.
How to Edit a Draft on TikTok Before Posting
Before you even have a draft to edit on the TikTok app and wonder how can you edit a draft on TikTok, you first need to create your desired video content and save it in your drafts section. Once you have created or recorded a video, you can save it as a draft and edit it accordingly before posting.
Knowing how to continue editing a draft on TikTok is a great thing for individuals who like taking the time to create the perfect post, as well as those who do the editing at different times.
Of course, to edit a draft just before posting entails finding the certain video draft in TikTok. Below are the steps you can follow:
- Start opening and launching your Tiktok app.
- Tap the Profile icon, which is located at the bottom right corner of your device screen.
- Proceed by tapping the Drafts folder. You can find this on your profile page.
- Choose the video or recording draft you wish to edit.
- You will be taken to the Post page where you can edit a post as usual.
- You can record new clips by tapping on the back button and the Confirm button.
- Add hashtags, mentions, tags, and locations to continue posting the draft. You can also set who can watch the video, as well as allow comments, duets, and stitches.
How to Edit a Draft on Tiktok via Downloading
So, you can edit your draft on the application itself, but can you edit a TikTok draft by downloading it? The answer is yes, you can. What you need to do is to record some footage using the TikTok application, then download it.
How do you edit the draft, you ask? Here’s a step-by-step guide.
- Create a video using TikTok’s built-in camera, your preferred filters, and other similar settings.
- Before posting the footage, please select Only me can watch the video, and then go to the three-dot menu labeled More options, and select Save to Device.
- Once the video has been downloaded, you can use any video editor to make your edits.
- Save your edited video then go to the TikTok application.
- To post your clip, tap on the create a post button then tap on the Upload option at the bottom right corner.
- Select the file you want to upload, go through the same process as usual, then finish posting.
You may want to know: how to see duets on TikTok
How to Save TikTok Drafts to Camera Roll
If you are using an iOS device or you simply want to have your TikTok drafts saved on your phone, you can definitely do so with minimal hassle.
What you need to do is to create a draft, as usual. You can do this by starting a new post, recording your video, and if you need to, you can save it in your Camera Roll or download it to any other device. Follow these steps to start:
- Go to your profile and select drafts.
- Pick the unfinished post you want to download.
- Then, go to More Options.
- Tap on Save to Device and you are good to go.
Can you edit drafts on TikTok after you have downloaded it? You absolutely can! Just keep in mind that any drafts you edit on the platform itself will need to be downloaded again before you can have a copy of the updated version on your phone.
How to Delete a TikTok Draft
Now, you have found out the answer to your question, “Can you edit TikTok drafts?” But what happens if you find your drafts less than satisfactory? What you can do is delete this unfinished post and start over again.
Keep in mind that once you have deleted the post, you will not be able to access it again. This is why you might want to download a copy first before deleting it. If you are sure you want to delete the draft, here’s how you can easily do it.
- Go to your profile, then select drafts. You will see a list of your unposted videos.
- From there, tap on the Select button at the top right corner or long-press on the video you want to delete.
- Select the video or videos you want to delete.
- Press Delete at the bottom part of the screen and confirm.
FAQs About TikTok Drafts
Why can’t I find my TikTok drafts?
Drafts are stored in the device itself and not in the account. So, if you are using a different device to access your drafts, then you will not be able to find them. Make sure to log into your account using the device you recorded the draft with.
Uninstalling the app also deletes any draft you have, so if you uninstalled the app and installed it again, you will not be able to find them.
Why can’t I edit drafts on TikTok?
Given that this is a how to edit draft on TikTok tutorial, you will be glad to know that drafts can be edited on TikTok. However, editing drafts only covers recording a new one and adding details. If you want to edit the content itself, you might want to create a new video or use a video editor.
How to add more clips to a TikTok saved in drafts?
To add more clips to a draft, you need to record a new one or download the video and use a third-party editor.
Edit TikTok Draft without Issues!
After learning the whole article, we hope you have gotten all the information you need about editing your drafts on TikTok. If you have other inquiries, we will always be here to help!