Snapchat is one of the most popular social media platforms. It is unique in the way that it lets users share temporary, self-destructing messages, photos, and videos. They are called ‘Snaps’ and have a limited lifespan. Once a Snap has been viewed, it automatically gets destroyed. On Snapchat, you are encouraged to send content from your ‘Camera Roll’. If you share something from a gallery, then the content is not considered live. However, there are ways to fake a Snap. So, read on.
Can You Fake a Snap
Yes. In the past, there was a bug in the Snapchat app that allowed users to use the Memories feature to combine different photos from the camera roll and then post them as a story and it was considered to live Snap. However, Snapchat eventually fixed the issue. Nowadays, there is no official way to fake a Snap but you can use third-party apps and other methods to achieve this.
How to Fake Snapchat Picture
There is an old workaround to fake Snap pictures (mentioned above). It involves using the Memories feature of the app. Here are the instructions:
- Navigate to your albums and tap the original photo. Use the Submit button to add it to my story.
- Next, open the story and tap download. Then delete the photo that was saved.
- Now navigate to the Memories section via the Settings icon. Once there, select Import from Camera Roll and look for the picture you downloaded to My Story.
- Finally, return to the Start screen and choose the new picture.
- Then tap on the ‘to send’ button and send the new photo to your Camera Roll in addition to your friends.
- Once you tap on Submit to My Story, you will be able to fake Snapchat picture. However, keep in mind that it will have the Memories title.
How to Send Fake Snap Videos
There are two primary how to send fake live Snaps 2021/2022 ways. Both involve the use of third-party apps. These include the following:
Way 1: Use SnapShare to Fake Snaps
This is a popular app that lets you easily share Snap videos from your camera roll. You can use this third-party app to post Snap videos to your story as live Snaps.
In other words, you can send fake Snap videos with this. The method is easy to follow: simply download and install the app on your phone and follow the on-screen instructions to share fake Snap videos with your friends.
Way 2: Use OVF Editor Fake a Snap
This is another reliable method to send Snapchat fake live pic. Here are the instructions to use this method:
- Download, install, and launch OVF Editor on your phone.
- Once the app is launched, tap on the ‘Select Video’ option. Your gallery will open, prompting you to select the video you want to edit and share.
- Make the necessary edits and use the Share option of the app. The Snapchat app will open.
- Now select the ‘Send To’ option and share the fake live Snap video with your friends.
FAQs About Fake a Snap
Is it Possible to Share a Saved Shot as a Snap?
Yes. It is possible however it will appear as an in-chat photo or video.
Is There a Way to Tell That a Snap is Sent from Camera Roll?
Yes. Snaps sent from Camera Roll have a Blue color box. Snaps sent from the Snapchat cameras have a red color box.
Can You Fake a Live Snap?
Yes. You can do this by using fake camera apps. You can use any of these apps to feed pictures from your camera roll to Snapchat and trick the platform into thinking that they are capturing photos via the Snapchat Camera.
Why do People Want to Send Fake Snaps?
There are several different reasons:
- It allows you to control what the other person sees.
- You can use a fake Snap to avoid uncomfortable conversations.
- You can use fake Snaps to maximize your earning potential as an affiliate marketer.
- You want to prank your friend for fun.
How Do You Know if it’s a Fake Snap?
It’s difficult to confirm this. What you can do is do your homework, e.g. check the sender’s profile photo, snap map, stories, snap score, etc. and then come to a conclusion.
How Do You Send Old Snapchats as New?
You can share old Snapchats as new via the Memories feature of the app. Here are the instructions:
- Open the Memories section of Snapchat.
- Find and then tap and hold on to the Snap that you wish to repost.
- From the new menu, select the Send Snap option to send that old Snapchat as new.
Sending fake Snaps on Snapchat is possible. In fact, it is quite easy to do. While the Snapchat app doesn’t officially support this, you can use third-party apps like Snapshare and OVF Editor to get the desired results. Sending fake Snaps is a fun way to prank your friends and it can also be a great way to avoid uncomfortable conversations. The information above should be enough to get you started.