As a member of social media like Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, you can find many interesting content and people from them. However, everything has two sides, when you are enjoying the happiness of using Twitter, you may also encounter the privacy issue.
In many cases, users find that Twitter often pushes their likes to the person they don’t know or do not want to get in touch with. That’s why more and more Twitter users want to know how to hide likes on Twitter.
The bad news is that Twitter doesn’t have the specific feature to hide likes on it. However, don’t worry about it, we still find ways to help you figure it out. Let’s have a look at how to hide your likes on Twitter.
Can You Hide Your Likes on Twitter?
The answer is no, as we have mentioned above, there is no “hide” function on Twitter. However, if you do not want other users to see your likes, there are methods. You can simply set your account to private, manually unlike your likes, use Google Chrome Console, or use tools.
How to Hide Likes on Twitter with Privacy Settings
If you want to hide likes on Twitter, you can set your Twitter account to private. With this setting, only your followers can see your post, likes, and any other activities on Twitter. Thus, you can avoid being seen by strangers.
However, the disadvantages come behind. As you have set your account to private, you cannot get more impressions from social platforms and also the search engines, like Google Chrome.
Anyway, you can follow these steps to set the account private.
1. Launch your Twitter on PC or mobile app.
2. Go to your profile>Settings and privacy; if you are on a computer, click More from the left-side, then tap Settings and privacy.
3. Now select Privacy and safety.
4. You will find there are several options, tap the first one Audience and tagging.
5. Enable the Protect your Tweets feature via checking the box next to it or just click on the toggle button if you are using the mobile app.
Now your account has been set to private, and no one can follow you unless you accept the following request from them. Of course, no strangers can see your likes, either.
But if you still want to receive other users’ notifications, like retweets, comments, and likes, we still have solutions for you, just follow us to go on.
How to Hide Likes on Twitter via Unlike Them
The second method is to remove your likes on Twitter, there are many different ways, you can check them below.
How to Unlike Tweets with Settings
As it is possible to hide likes on Twitter, the solution to prevent others from seeing them is to cancel your likes, check the steps below:
- Go to Twitter, and click on your Profile.
- You will your name, avatar, bio, Tweets, Tweets&replies, Media, and Likes.
- Tap Likes to check all the Tweets you have liked.
- To unlike them, click on the Like option on each Tweet again.
After you unliked them, no one will know if you have liked them and you can no worry about the likes anymore. However, as you can only unlike Tweets one by one, it is a little slow if you have a plenty number of likes. Therefore, it’s time to know how to mass unlike Tweets.
How to Hide Likes on Twitter with Google Chrome Console
If you want to hide likes in batch, you can use a feature of Google Chrome Console to achieve it.
- Launch your Google Chrome, search for Twitter and log into your account.
- Tap on your ‘Profile‘ and then the ‘Likes‘ option.
- Now, press F12 from your computer keyboard to open the Google Chrome Console. You also right-click on your mouse, then select Inspect.
- Next, select the ‘Console’ from the menu bar.
- Copy this script: “$(‘.ProfileTweet-actionButtonUndo.ProfileTweet-action–unfavorite’).click();”.
- Paste to the blank place and press Enter.
- Wait for a few moments, and then all your likes will be unliked.
As this way will unlike all your liked Tweets at once, if you still want to remain some of them, you may need to screenshot them before unliking them so that you can easily find and like them again.
How to Unlike All Your Likes on Twitter with Third-party Apps
If you want to find an easier way to unlike your likes, you can choose to use third-party apps and there are many of them.
And the most recommended ones are Twitter Archive Eraser and Circleboom. Both of these two tools are paid services. However, you can use the first one to unlike 1,000 Tweets a week for free, while the second one only supports 20 Tweets with the free version.
The pros of Circleboom are that you can use it to scheduled & queued posts with its special design tool.
Faqs about Likes on Twitter
How to hide other people’s likes from your Twitter feed?
You can go to Settings and privacy > Privacy and safety > Mute and block > Muted Words, then add the keywords you want to mute on Twitter. Please note that you can only mute one word at a time which means you need to add new words many times if you want to mute them.
Do my likes appear on my followers’ Twitter feeds?
Yes, Twitter will put some of your likes on your followers’ home timeline and note that it is liked by you.
If I accidentally liked a tweet and then unliked it, will it still appear on my follower’s timeline?
It depends on the refresh time of your followers. If they refresh their Tweets after you unliked them, they will not appear on your followers’ timeline.
If I set my account to private, will my followers see my likes?
Yes, the Protect Tweets feature only prevent strangers from seeing your Tweets, likes, or other info. Your followers can still see your likes as before.
Now, you may have an answer in your mind about how to hide what you like on Twitter. If you have others inquiries about Twitter or other social platforms, please contact us and we will let you know shortly!