Music can set the mood and tone for the stories you’re sharing on Instagram and this can certainly boost your engagement with your friends and followers. The thing is, Instagram sometimes cuts this music to just a few seconds, and with it, out all the fun. Thankfully, we’re here to let you in on how to make music longer on Instagram story.
- 1 Can I Make Music Longer on Instagram Story?
- 2 How to Make Music Longer on Instagram Story Using Sticker Feature
- 3 How to Make Music Longer Than 15 Seconds on Instagram
- 4 FAQs
- 5 Conclusion
Can I Make Music Longer on Instagram Story?
If you’re wondering how to make music longer on Instagram story 2023, you should know that Instagram only ever lets you post 15 seconds of music to your story. This means that you can create Instagram stories that are up to 15 seconds by default.
Although this is the case, the platform usually cuts off the music at around the 5-second mark, even if the stories you are posting are longer than this.
You can, however, make music longer on these stories. There’s a workaround on how to make music longer on Instagram. You can do this with the help of the sticker feature or by changing the length of the music to 15 seconds.
How to Make Music Longer on Instagram Story Using Sticker Feature
One of the ways you can learn how to make music longer on Instagram is by using the sticker feature. Whether it’s static images or a video clip, the sticker feature will allow you to include 15 seconds of audio to accompany your story. Do this by following the steps outlined here:
- Open the Instagram app and click on the ‘+’ icon with a square on it. Then, click the ‘Story’ from the options below.
- Pick the ‘Record’ button located at the bottom of the screen to upload or take a photo. You also have the option to choose a photo from your camera roll.
- Afterward, tap on the sticker icon at the top and select the music sticker. This will open up the music library and you can choose the song you wish to have to play.
- Once you have chosen a song, you’ll see a white handle on top of the audio wave. You can go through the track and select the starting and end points you like using the toggle bar.
- On the number left to the music bar, pick the 15-second option from the default option of 5 seconds and press on ‘Done.’
- Publish the story by clicking on ‘Your Story’ and you’re good to go.
How to Make Music Longer Than 15 Seconds on Instagram
The maximum length of Instagram stories is at 15 seconds per post. However, you can make music longer than this by recording multiple 15-second clips and adding music to these. To know how to make music longer than 15 seconds on Instagram story, read below.
- Open Instagram on your device and click on the ‘+’ icon.
- Tap on ‘Story’ and push on the ‘Record’ button to record and upload multiple 15-second clips accordingly. Release your finger once you’re done recording.
- On the first clip, tap on the sticker icon and pick the music sticker. Choose a song you want to play on this story and tap on ‘Done.’
- In the succeeding clips, do the same steps above and choose the same song. You can choose the 15 seconds of music that you want by toggling the bar and clicking on ‘Done’ afterward.
- Afterward, click on ‘Next’ and share it to your story.
You may also like: how to see posts you have liked on Instagram
What are the limits of music length on Instagram?
The music length limit that you can use on Instagram is only 15 seconds at a time. This also corresponds to the whole length of the story.
Why is my music on Instagram story only 5 seconds?
The most common reason for this is that this is the default setting on Instagram, especially if you have already uploaded a story that’s accompanied by 5-second-long music. One way you can work around this to learn how to make Instagram music longer is to change the settings.
Why can’t I change the length of the song on my Instagram story?
You cannot change the length of the song on your Instagram story beyond 15 seconds because this is already the default setting of the app. You can, however, increase the initial 5 seconds to 15 seconds for your Instagram stories.
Now that you know how to make Instagram music longer, you can finally let your followers and friends know about the music you’re listening to. With these varying approaches, you can lengthen the music on the stories you post.