Considering that you are using Pinterest in a quiet place, like the subway or meeting, suddenly the ads play at loud volume. This kind of situation is embarrassing. Thus, users want to know how to mute ads on Pinterest.
The good news is YES! You can change some settings on Pinterest to turn off the sound of the ads without using any ad blockers.
How to Mute Ads on Pinterest with Autoplay Videos Feature
After searching this question on Google, we found an answer on Reddit that helps solve it. The solution is quite easy: you only need to turn off the “auto-play videos on cellular data” and “auto-play videos on WiFi” on Pinterest settings. Then, the ads will never bother you again.
Now, we will talk about it on the web version, iPhone app, and also Android app.
How to Turn Off Sound on Pinterest Ads with a Web Browser
Follow the steps and screenshots below to mute your Pinterest ads sound.
- Open the official website of Pinterest, then sign in.
- After that, tap the arrow icon beside your profile.
- There will be a drop-down menu, choose Settings from here.
- Now, navigate to Social permissions.
- Find the Autoplay videos section, and click on the toggle to turn off Autoplay videos on the desktop.
- Tap the Save button to complete the whole process.
For a detailed video guide, you can check here:
That’s all! Now, you can go back to the home page and check if the ads will play automatically again.
How to Mute Pinterest Ads on iPhone
Want to mute Pinterest ads on iPhone? Don’t worry, we have listed the detailed steps for you.
- Download the Pinterest app from the App store, then launch and log into your account.
- Click on your profile icon.
- Now you are on the profile page, click on the three-dot icon.
- Choose Settings>Social permissions.
- You will find the Autoplay videos option, toggle the switch to disable it.
The video ads will not play without your permission!
How to Turn Off Ad Sounds on Pinterest for Android
After testing on Android phones, we found that the steps are not always the same as those on iPhones according to different Pinterest versions and mobile phone types. You can check them here:
- Sign into your Pinterest account first.
- Then go to your profile page and tap the ellipsis icon>Settings.
- If there is Social permissions option, click on it to continue.
- Then you can turn off Autoplay videos on cellular data.
- If there is no Social permissions option, choose Privacy and data.
- Scroll down to find Autoplay videos on cellular/mobile data and disable it.
If you think turning off the autoplay videos is not enough for you, you can try to turn off the app sound of Pinterest. Follow us to continue.
How to Silence Ads on Pinterest via Disabling App Sound
The way to turn off app sound is the same on both iPhone and Android devices, let’s look at it below:
- Open your Pinterest app and log into it if you haven’t.
- Go to Settings with the steps we have described above.
- Tap Account management.
- Find the App sounds option, now you can disable it via tapping on the toggle next to it.
You may also like:
FAQs about Mute Pinterest Ads
How do you mute ads on Pinterest?
There are two ways, you can turn off autoplay videos or app sound functions on Pinterest to mute Pinterest ads.
How do I stop autoplay ads on Pinterest?
Go to your Pinterest account, then select>settings>Social permissions/Privacy and data. Next, find the autoplay videos feature to stop it.
How to get rid of ads on Pinterest 2022?
You can go to the specific advertiser’s profile and block it to stop seeing its ads. We can block up to 1,000 advertisers, this will make Pinterest display fewer ads that you are not interested in.
The Pinterest ads are annoyed as they are almost videos with loud sounds. After learning this post, the problem with Pinterest ads sound has been solved. Users can turn off autoplay videos and app sound to avoid any possible troubles.