Pinterest is a famous platform where you can share your ideas visually. If you are pinning interesting ideas, you will get engagement in the form of followers on your account. But sometimes, for some reason, you think to remove them from your account. Let’s get to know how to remove followers on Pinterest.
- 1 Why Do People Want to Delete Followers on Pinterest?
- 2 Can I Remove Followers on Pinterest?
- 3 How to Remove Followers on Pinterest via Blocking
- 4 How to Delete Followers on Pinterest via Reporting
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
Why Do People Want to Delete Followers on Pinterest?
Being a Pinterest influencer, your followers always expect creative and continuous content from you. But in some situations, if any of your followers are annoying and continuously disturbing you, you might think to remove them from your account.
Moreover, you might find that someone is stealing your ideas. For this reason, you want to reduce the reach of your account.
There is another reason for removing followers is that when you can’t be able to produce creativity, your followers will check up on you and disturb you by texting while at the same time, you may busy in your life and dealing with any other issue.
This situation is very stressful, and the account you have started on Pinterest for fun and creativity becomes a headache for you.
That’s why some Pinterest influencers might think of removing their followers to reduce engagement on the account for some time until they cannot produce content for this platform.
Can I Remove Followers on Pinterest?
Unfortunately, there is no mechanism for removing followers on Pinterest. But no need to be worried; there is still a way to keep followers away. You have an option to block followers to stop interacting with you. Once you have blocked someone, they can’t be able to see your pins, and all the previous comments and mutual follows will be deleted automatically.
How to Remove Followers on Pinterest via Blocking
You can block someone from the Pinterest app using your smartphone or do this on the Pinterest website.
Blocking with a Smartphone
- Launch the Pinterest app and log in to your account.
- Hit the account tab and tap your profile icon.
- Select followers, all of your followers will come up. Choose the follower to remove. Open his profile.
- Click those three horizontal dots on the right side.
- Hit the Block option and then confirm it.
Blocking with Laptop/PC
- Open the Pinterest website using any browser.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the profile icon in the top right corner and select followers.
- The open profile of a person who you want to block.
- Click on the three horizontal dots icon at the left and click on the block option.
Also Read: How to unblock someone on Pinterest
How to Delete Followers on Pinterest via Reporting
If you find any account fake in your followers and realize they are serial spammers. These can be the people who are involved in stealing your content. You can take steps to delete their account by reporting them to Pinterest. To report an account, follow these steps.
- Go to the profile page of the person you want to report.
- Hit the gear menu.
- Select report.
The Pinterest team will later investigate the reported account. If the team finds any violation of their terms, they will delete the account permanently.
If I Block someone on Pinterest, will they now?
Pinterest will not notify the person you blocked about it. They will get to know when they try to visit or message you. If you want to unblock a person, the procedure is the same, but you have to select unblock option where you select the block option.
Can you hide who follows you on Pinterest?
You can change your account’s privacy and hide your pins from your followers. You can hide your whole profile, which will not appear in the search. But as we talk about hiding only the followers of your account, you can’t hide your followers.
How to Make a Pinterest Account Private?
Pinterest provides various options to protect your personal information on the platform. Here are some privacy options that Pinterest provides to keep your account private.
Search Engine Privacy on Pinterest
If you don’t want to show your profile in search engines like google and other search engines, you can change your account’s “search privacy settings.” Here are the steps you need to follow to enable this privacy setting. This setting will be done using the website Pinterest using a laptop or PC.
- Open the Pinterest website by using any browser.
- Login to your account.
- Click on the drop-down menu in the top right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Select privacy and data.
- Tick the box” hide your profile from search engines.”
- Click on Done.
By these steps, a request to hide your account in the search engine has been sent. It will take a few weeks to hide your profile from search results.
Secret Board Settings
Pinterest privacy setting contains an amazing feature, Secret Board. Any pin you save to the secret board will not be appeared on your feed or in search results. Only you and the persons you allow can see those secret board pins.
Here are the steps to make a secret board on Pinterest:
- Go to your Pinterest profile.
- Click on + sign, then create the board.
- Enter your board’s name, and set dates(optional).
Now the board is created, and you can enable it by switching “keep the board Secret.” Or you can also enable it later.
For editing and enabling your secret board. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Pinterest page.
- Hover over the board you want to make it secret.
- Click on the Edit Button.
- Scroll down to the setting section.
- Switch “keep the board Secret.”
- Click on “Done.”
So, this is how to remove followers on Pinterest. Although Pinterest has no mechanism to remove the followers automatically, you can block and report annoying and spammer followers. Additionally, you can change your account’s privacy setting to protect your account. These settings will protect your content from stealing.