You know when you start creating an Instagram post and you change your mind? You can simply tap the back button and you are good to go. Before you exit the new post page, you are given the option to save your drafts. Want to know how to see drafts on Instagram? Keep reading.
What is an Instagram Draft?
What you should understand is that Instagram drafts refer to posts, stories, or reels that you started creating but chose to put off. When you choose to save your progress as a draft, you can come back to it at a later time, continue working on it, and publish it.
How to Save a Post as a Draft on Instagram
If you want to know how to find drafts on IG, the first thing you need to know is how to save posts-in-progress as drafts. Here’s how.
- Tap on the new post button or the plus sign at the bottom of the app.
- Start creating your post, story, or reel by choosing from your gallery or capturing content.
- In the middle of refining your post, tap the back button.
- A prompt will appear asking if you want to save your post as a draft. Tap Save Draft.
- A new tab labeled Draft will appear in the gallery section of your new post page.
How to See Drafts on Instagram
Now that you know what to do to save drafts, your next step is to know how to find your drafts on Instagram. This guide might come in handy.
- Go to your new post page by tapping on the plus button at the center bottom.
- If you want to create a Post, you will be taken to the gallery where you can choose the content you want to post. Tap on the Drafts tab to view your drafts.
- If you want to create a Story, go to the Story page, tap on the gallery button at the bottom right, then tap the Drafts tab.
- If you want to create a Reel, go to the Reel page, select the gallery, and go to the Drafts tab.
- Tap on the draft you want to post to finish and post it.
How to Delete Drafts on Instagram
After knowing how to save and access drafts, this guide tells you how to delete drafts on Instagram without hassle.
- Navigate to the new post page via the plus sign at the bottom of the page.
- Go to the Drafts of your Post, Story, or Reel.
- Tap on Manage usually placed at the top right corner of the Drafts box.
- For Posts, tap on the edit or pencil button at the top right corner. For Stories and Reels, tap the select icon that looks like a square on top of another square.
- Select the drafts you want to delete.
- Once you are done choosing, tap on the check mark at the top right corner and your drafts will be discarded.
How to Recover Story Drafts on Instagram
So, you know how to find Instagram drafts. Check out these directions on recovering Story drafts on the social media platform.
- Go to the drafts tab of the create a Story page.
- Pick the Story draft that you want to recover and tap on it.
- Continue editing your Story, then post it.
- Now, if you are wondering if you can recover drafts you have deleted, then the answer is no.
Why can’t I find my drafts on Instagram?
Older versions of IG may not have the drafts feature or may have it in a different location. You might want to upgrade your app before looking for drafts. It may also be difficult to find the drafts tab if you do not know where to look, so make sure to follow the directions above.
Where are the drafts on Instagram?
Generally, Instagram drafts are accessible via the new post page. Tap on the button that lets you pick content from your gallery, then pick the Drafts tab. This lets you continue editing your draft or discard unwanted ones.
Now that you know how to see drafts on Instagram and how to delete drafts on IG, you do not have to worry about your progress even when you have to drop what you are doing and continue editing it at a later time. Enjoy editing your drafts!