Social media platforms, such as Instagram, are already a part of our lives. Aside from posting your pictures, you can do business with them. You can buy, sell, or endorse products or services.
That said, the share button of this platform is very important. But how can you see who shared your posts? Let’s find out here.
Can You See Who Shared Your Instagram Posts
Though Instagram is a space for you to share your thoughts on your account, you can’t see the users who shared your post.
A personal Instagram account allows you to see who has liked and seen your posts and stories. However, if you want to know who has shared your content, you’ll need to upgrade to a business account.
A standard account just allows you to see how many times your post has been shared. As a result, you won’t know for sure who shared it.
Moreover, Instagram’s major sharing options are story and direct message share. That said, you will only be able to see the total number of shares for your posts if you don’t have an Instagram Business account.
The Requirements to See Who Shared Your Instagram Post
All you need is an Instagram Business account.
Luckily, if you already have a personal account, you won’t have to register and set up another one to be your business account. You may upgrade your existing Instagram account to a business profile and gain access to tools that will help you expand your business.
How to Upgrade Instagram to Business Account
- Go to your profile and hit the three horizontal lines in the top right corner of the app to make the transition to a business account.
- Then, select Settings.
- Keep in mind that for some users, the option to “Switch to Professional Account” will be found right where “Settings” displays normally.
- You may change to a Professional account by going to Settings and selecting the Account menu.
- You need to choose a business category if you want upgrade to a Professional account.
- Then, you will find the option of whether you want to set up private or business contact information for the business account.
When you upgrade to an Instagram business account, you’ll have access to analytics that reveal your audience’s demographics and behavior on the platform, such as the number of users who viewed and shared your posts. You may also access Instagram’s professionally selected instructional content and tools via the Professional Dashboard.
How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Post
There are a lot of Instagram posts, stories, and reels posted every second. That said, it’s important to keep up with Instagram’s ever-evolving system if you want to leverage it to your advantage in business management.
The only way to see who shared your post requires a Professional profile on Instagram. It’s important to know that you may view the usernames of those who shared your message, or the total number of individuals who did so. Here are some steps to do this.
- Open the Instagram app and go to your Profile page.
- Select the post you’d want to view the insight.
- Scroll to the bottom of the post and click View Insight.
- Click on the Menu tab on the three dots found in the upper right corner.
- Select View Story Reshares from the main menu.
- Take a look at the usernames of people who shared your post. And also the total number of users who shared it.
Your post’s shareability may be tracked using this View Insights feature. You can see how many times a post has been shared by looking at the number on it.
Guess you like: how to see posts you have liked on Instagram
Can You Find Out Who Shared Your Instagram Story as a Direct Message?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. Whether you have a regular or business account on Instagram, you won’t be able to see who has shared your stories via direct message.
Is There an App to See Who Shared Your Instagram Post?
No. The only way to see who shared your posts is by switching from a regular account to a business account. As mentioned, once you have your Professional account, you may see the insights of your posts.
How to See How Many People Shared Your Instagram Post?
To see the total number of people who have shared your post, you need to switch first to your Professional account. Then, click on your preferred post, and select the View Insight option. There, you can see the number of users and usernames who shared your Instagram post.
Instagram is one of the most used social medial platforms today. Aside from using it to share your thoughts and photographs, you can buy, sell, and endorse your business here.
Considering the number of people who uses Instagram every day, there’s a chance that your business or endorsement will be shared from one user to another. Hopefully, this article has helped you how to see who shared your Instagram post, stories, and reels.