Video captions are a helpful feature that promotes inclusivity and makes the content easier to understand. However, we know that not everyone is fond of seeing this on their screens. Thankfully, you can learn how to turn off subtitles on TikTok with the help of this article.
How to Turn Off Captions on TikTok
If you’re wondering how to turn off Tiktok captions, you have come to the right place. With these approaches, you can finally bid goodbye to captions blocking the screen and disrupting your viewing pleasure. There are two ways to go about this. Check both of these methods out.
Way 1: Use Hide Captions by Watching Video
The Hide Captions option is a good way to ensure that all subtitles on videos you may come across in the app will not appear on TikTok at all.
- Start by opening the TikTok app on your device.
- Go to a video with captions.
- Once you see a video that has auto-captions, do a long press on the captions.
- A gray bubble that says “hide captions” will pop up. Press on this to turn off captions Tiktok.
Way 2: Turn Off Captions TikTok via Settings
- Open the TikTok app on your phone.
- Go to the ‘Profile’ icon located at the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- At the upper right section of your screen, tap on the ‘Menu’ icon. This is the one with three horizontal lines.
- Tap on ‘Settings and Privacy’ within the pop-up menu.
- Go to ‘Accessibility.’ This can be found under ‘Content & Activity.’
- Toggle the ‘Always show captions’ option to turn off subtitles Tiktok.
TikTok Can’t Turn Off Captions? How to Fix
There are times when TikTok encounters certain glitches, preventing you from turning off the captions in the first place. Below are some quick fixes that will hopefully let you address this problem and teach you how to get rid of captions on TikTok.
Update Your App
At times, the fixes provided won’t work and that’s because your TikTok app is already outdated. Update the app by following these steps.
- Go to your app store. This can either be the Google Play Store for Android users or the App Store for those with iOS devices.
- Look up the TikTok app using the search bar provided.
- Click on ‘update’ to proceed with getting the latest version of the app.
- Open the new version of Tiktok and follow any of the methods above.
Clear Your Cache
Taking the time to clear all TikTok-related data on your device could help fix the glitch in the system.
- Open your device.
- Go to ‘Settings.’
- Choose Tiktok and under it, the ‘Clear Cache’ option.
- Try closing the app and opening it once more.
Uninstall and Install TikTok
Another way you can try to make the removal of captions work for you is by removing Tiktok on your device and installing it once more.
- Open your device and do a long press on the TikTok app.
- A prompt will appear on the app. Click on the ‘uninstall’ option to remove the app.
- Go to the app store.
- Look up TikTok and click on ‘Install’ to proceed with the download.
- Open the app and follow any of the two methods provided. You will find methods that will help you learn how to turn off closed caption on TikTok.
Can you hide TikTok captions?
Yes, you can hide TikTok captions. You can turn off captions on TikTok by tapping on the caption and clicking on the “hide captions” option.
How do I change the caption on a TikTok?
Unfortunately, you can’t change the caption on a TikTok once it’s uploaded. The only way you can change the caption is by reposting the video and adding a new caption to your video.
Why can’t I change the caption on TikTok?
You can’t change the caption on TikTok because the app does not give you the option to change the captions once you have posted them. However, you can easily delete the previous video and reupload it again to add a new caption.
Learning how to turn off captions on TikTok is easy. Whether using the hide captions method or the app settings, you can easily remove captions from Tiktok. Although you may encounter roadblocks to removing these subtitles, employing any of the methods above will help you overcome these without much difficulty.