Snapchat is a good platform for users to find and connect with friends. The quick add feature is one of its most valuable functions.
If you have enabled this feature, Snapchat will give you the most suitable friends list suggestions to help you find the friend you have in your contacts or other platforms like Instagram.
However, not all users need this function, some of us do not want to add too many friends and think the Quick Add feature is useless. Thus, the question “how to turn off quick add on Snapchat” comes out.
To find the answer, just follow us.
How to Turn Off Quick Add on Snapchat
Below are the steps to help you disable Snapchat quick add.
- First, please open your mobile device and go to the Snapchat app.
- Next, click your profile picture from the top left corner.
- From the next screen, you will see the gear icon from the top right corner, simply tap it to enter settings.
- Now, scroll down from this interface to find the Who Can… or Privacy Control option according to your app version.
- Then, you can find See Me in Quick Add section, tap it.
- Now, uncheck the box beside the Show me in Quick Add option.
After changing the setting, Snapchat will not show your account to other users’ Quick Add list. You will not receive new friend requests from the Quick Add feature anymore.
However, this setting only helps prevent you from being added. The Quick Add list will still give you the new friend suggestions list. If you also want to turn off the friend suggestion, you can find the method below.
How to Disable Quick Add Suggestions
Here are the steps on how to turn off the Quick Add suggestions on your Snapchat account.
- Go to your Snapchat app as usual.
- Click your profile icon to enter the main page.
- Now, tap the gear icon to enter Settings.
- You can now select the Notifications option which is under the Partner Connection feature.
- From the next interface, find the Friend Suggestions option.
- Uncheck it and then the suggestions will disappear.
How to Remove Quick Add Suggestions from Reddit Users’ Idea
Some users may find the method above is not working, so how to get rid of quick add on Snapchat? We have found some new solutions from Reddit, you can find them below.
Way 1: Do Not Sync Contacts
The first solution is to disable the Sync Contacts function, the steps are also easy.
- Go to your Snapchat app and then click your profile icon.
- Now, find and tap the gear icon to enter settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom to find the Contact Syncing option.
- Uncheck the Sync Contacts feature and also click the Delete All Contacts Data option.
Then, Snapchat will stop sending you Friend Suggestions for a while. However, it is not a permanent solution. For further methods, let’s go on.
Way 2: Change App Permission on Your Device
The second way is to change the permission of Snapchat on your mobile device.
If you are using an iPhone, use these steps:
- Go to Settings and then click on Privacy.
- Choose Contacts from the next interface.
- Now, find Snapchat and disable it to prevent the app from obtaining your Contacts.
As there are too many different models of Android devices, we only list one of them, you can try similar operations on your android phone.
- Go to Setting first.
- Then, scroll down to enter Privacy.
- Now, choose Permission manager.
- Tap Apps to find Snapchat.
- Disable it from reading your contacts.
FAQs about Snapchat Quick Add
1. What is quick add on Snapchat?
The Quick Add is a feature to help you get more friends with suggestions from the Snapchat official. Also, it will show your account on other users’ friend suggestions so that they can find you.
2. Can you turn off quick add on Snapchat?
Yes, you can try the method we have mentioned above to stop showing you in quick add and also remove the friend suggestions on your account.
After reading the whole article, we think you have known how to stop quick add suggestions on Snapchat. If you find a new method for this theme, please tell us with the comment below and we will update it to our post as soon as possible.