There are many ways to help a user improve their YouTube performance, one of the most reliable data is the comment.
By analyzing users’ comments, you can gain many important suggestions and feedback. Thus, if you are a YouTube channel owner, the first thing you need to do is to enable comments on it.
Now, follow us to learn how to turn on comments on YouTube and everything about this feature.
How to Turn on Comments on Youtube
There are two different ways to enable comments on YouTube, we will tell them separately. You can choose to use any of them after learning below.
- Open your browser and go to youtube.com.
- Sign in with your Google account and tap your profile picture at the top right corner.
- You will see a list with many options, select YouTube Studio.
- Now, you are on your Channel dashboard, find the menu bar on the left side.
- Select Settings from here.
- There will be a pop-up window, choose Community.
- Tap default now.
- There are four options of comments you can select.
- For most users, we often select Allow all comments.
- Save the settings at last.
The first 5 steps are the same as way 1 above, from step 6, follow us below:
- Select Upload defaults from there.
- Next, click on Advanced settings.
- Scroll down to find the Comments option, now you can manage it easily.
- Click Save to finish the change.
Once you enabled Comments on YouTube, visitors can leave comments on any of your videos. What if you want to manage the comments of one particular video?
Yes, there is a solution, follow us to continue.
How to Turn On/Off Comments for A Specific Video on YouTube
Learn the steps below to enable or disable comments for any of your YouTube videos.
- Go to your YouTube studio first, the steps we have mentioned at Way 1.
- We choose Content from the left menu this time.
- You can check all your videos here, tap the one you want to change the settings of the comment. If there are too many videos, you need to tap Show More.
- It will take you to the video details page, scroll down on this page until you find Comments and ratings option.
- Select the settings you want to change and click Save.
This option will only influence the video you have edited, but not all of your videos. You can feel free to use it.
How to Edit/Delete YouTube Comments
If you want to edit the comments you have left on YouTube, these steps are useful:
- Launch YouTube first and open the video you have commented on.
- If you cannot find the video, you can go to your YouTube studio and select Comment from the menu bar to check all your comments.
- Find the video that you have left a comment on and tap to open it.
- Now, look for your comment and then click the three dots on the right side of it.
- There are two options: Edit and Delete.
- Click Edit to input your new comment and then tap Save.
- Tap Delete to remove it completely.
Why can’t I turn comments on YouTube?
The most possible reason is that you have set the video as “made for kids” before publishing it. You can go to your video details page to edit this setting.
Why are my comments disabled on YouTube shorts?
There are several reasons for this question, you need to check if your YouTube app is outdated and clear caches. If you are using a computer, please refresh the browser page.
Can YouTubers see deleted comments?
No, YouTubers cannot see deleted comments. However, if you haven’t deleted the comment instantly, there are chances that YouTuber sees it.
Can I delete comments on other people’s YouTube channels?
Yes, you can delete your own comment on other YouTubers’ channels. However, you cannot delete the comment left by other people on other users’ channels.
Besides, the restricted mode may also cause this problem.
We hope this article has helped you know the comments on YouTube well. Do you have other inquiries about YouTube or other social media platforms? Please tell us via the comment below, we are glad to help all the time.