Even though Snapchat offers many different features, messaging on Snapchat has similar functionalities to other social media apps. One instance is the ability to pin and unpin chats. In fact, pinning conversations is very common among Snapchat users because of its benefit.
But what if you wish to unpin someone, especially if they have blocked you or deleted their account? This guide provides detailed instructions about how to unpin someone on Snapchat, so read on.
- 1 How to Unpin Someone on Snapchat
- 2 How to Unpin Someone on Snapchat That Blocked You
- 3 How to Unpin Someone on Snapchat That Deleted Their Account
- 4 FAQs About Pinning and Unpinning on Snapchat
- 5 Conclusion
How to Unpin Someone on Snapchat
Pinning a conversation on Snapchat has many benefits and it is easy to do. However, some users are confused about how to proceed if they no longer need the chat pinned. The method to do this is straightforward however it differs for both Android and iOS platforms. Below are the instructions for each.
How to Unpin Someone on Snap for iOS
Following are the steps to unpin someone on Snapchat when you are using an iOS device, e.g. iPhone:
- Launch the Snapchat app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to the chats section. You can find it at the bottom of the screen.
- Once the Snapchat app messenger opens, find the name of the Snapchat user that you want to unpin. Since you are looking for a pinned conversation, it will be one of the top chats in the sections.
- Now press and hold on the name of the person that you want to unpin. A menu will appear. From that menu, tap on the Chat Settings option.
- Finally, tap on the Unpin Conversation option. This will unpin the person from your pinned chats.
How Do You Unpin Someone on Snapchat for Android
The method for unpinning someone on Snapchat on the Android platform is roughly the same as above. Here are the instructions:
- Navigate to the Home screen of your Android device.
- Locate the Snapchat conversation that is pinned on your Android’s home screen. If there are several of them, find the one that you wish to unpin.
- Then tap and hold on to the icon of that pinned chat shortcut. A menu will appear.
- From that menu, tap on the Remove option. This will remove the shortcut and unpin the person on Snapchat.
How to Unpin Someone on Snapchat That Blocked You
If you have pinned someone’s chat on Snapchat and then that person blocked you, you may wish to unpin their conversation. Unfortunately, currently there is no way to unpin such a chat. However, there are a couple of things you can do in this scenario:
- Contact Snapchat customer service and ask them to unpin that particular chat for you.
- You can also ask customer support to unblock that user so you can manually unpin their conversation.
How to Unpin Someone on Snapchat That Deleted Their Account
This is another odd scenario when it comes to unpinning a chat on Snapchat. If you have pinned someone on Snapchat and they deleted their account, you will no longer have the option to unpin the chat. Most often, a similar thing happens if you unfriend the person and vice versa. In any case, what you can do is clear the pinned chat. Here’s how to do it:
- Block and Unblock the Person: Tap and hold on to the person’s name in your chat list and select the block option. Once you have successfully blocked the user, unblock them and it should unpin the chat.
- Logout and Login Back: Simply delete the Snapchat app from your phone and download it again. It will log you out and ask you to log in again. This will unpin the conversations of those who have deleted their account.
FAQs About Pinning and Unpinning on Snapchat
Below are some of the faqs you may want to know.
Does Unpinning Someone on Snapchat Notify Them?
No. If you unpin someone on Snapchat, they don’t get any notification. The only person that will know about the pinned/unpinned chats is you.
What Does Pinning Someone on Snapchat Mean?
Pinning someone on Snapchat makes their chat appear on top of your Friend’s screen, permanently.
How Many People Can You Pin on Snapchat?
Currently, you can only pin three persons on Snapchat at a time.
Pinning someone on Snapchat has many benefits as it makes their chat appear on top of the list. However, when you wish to unpin a chat, the method to do it may differ depending on the platform of your device, whether the user has blocked/unfriended you, or deleted their account. No matter the scenario, the above-listed guidelines should help you achieve success.