Instagram is world-famous due to its ease of use, photo publishing possibilities, stories, and share posts. The stories appear at the forefront of your newsfeed and can be seen as often as you want within one day or 24 hours.
The brief slideshow displays posted items for everyone to view or only friends based on the privacy controls of the account. The stories will be removed after they exceed the 24-hour termination date.
In contrast to Snapchat Stories, Instagram Stories do not indeed vanish after 24 hours. Although Instagram Stories are removed from your profile after 24 hours, they are saved in the application. Don’t stress if you upload a tale but it ends prior to you having an opportunity to save the clip; you may still restore it.
You will be surprised to know that there are certain ways by which you can find old stories on Instagram.
- 1 How to View Your Old Stories On Instagram
- 2 Instagram How to See Old Stories of Other Users
- 3 Request the User to Provide That Story
- 4 How to Find Old Ig Stories
- 5 Conclusion
How to View Your Old Stories On Instagram
Even though Instagram Stories have vanished, did you realize you may still see them? Whenever a Story ends after one day or 24 hours, it remains in your Archive. You can quickly recopy previous Stories, download content to your device, and even feature your finest videos and photos at the forefront of your page. How to view old stories on Instagram 2022 is relatively easy nowadays.
There are four steps involved in this case:
- Load the Instagram application on your phone. Navigate to your homepage, then touch on the triple horizontal lines in the upper-right corner.
- The options box will display; pick Archive from the suggestions listed.
- Once you access the Archive, this will display the Stories Archive by option default system. You will be able to view all of your posted earlier Instagram Stories. If you don’t see anything in your listed archive options, search on the app store or play store for an Instagram update.
- You may now see a specific Story by just tapping on it. You can also download the story to the phone photo library or share it via post by tapping the More symbol below your app screen.
Note: how to fix Instagram not working issue
Instagram How to See Old Stories of Other Users
See old stories Instagram via the highlight of other users’ profiles.
Insta stories can be seen frequently after 24 hours only if they are transformed into a Highlight. Every Insta Highlight is a narrative that stays on the person’s account indefinitely. It will never disappear and may only be removed by the individual who uploaded it. If you’re lucky, you’ll be able to see it after the regular 24-hour validity restriction by visiting the user’s information.
The account holder must mark it as a highlight to recover the article. There are various assumptions on how social media sites handle transient news and content.
Many people feel it’s a ploy by the creators to encourage you to visit your news content more frequently. Another way social media firms make money is by using your concern about missing out on the stories.
3 Steps Are Involved here:
- Download, then open the Instagram application on your smartphone.
- Go to the main profile of the person whose past stories you desire to see.
- Check for Highlights beneath the bio. If so, you may read their previous stories.
Request the User to Provide That Story
You can request that the individual give the tale to you by email, DM, or some other method you believe will be more practical for you to receive. Whether you are familiar with them or not, you can ask people about the story politely. Noticing how much you enjoyed it, they will be able to accept your demand because it complements the story they shared.
Putting one’s pride aside, another person will undoubtedly DM or send you their story, understanding that it is enjoyed and loved by others.
How to Find Old Ig Stories
Simply check the archive setting on Instagram in the triple horizontal lines displayed on the homepage. If you want to see other’s old Ig stories, you can request them or download them the moment you see their stories.
Screen-Video Recording or Screenshot An Alternative
If you enjoyed someone’s story and are hesitant to ask them for the video or picture, you can save it. You can do this by taking screenshots or using our mobile application’s screen video recording feature to save the video in your mobile photo library.
In today’s world, it is much more convenient to deal with Instagram how to view old stories answered since 2017. In 2017, Instagram launched the archive story feature, which made it easier to view your old stories in the archive stories option.