Snapchat allows you to stay in touch with your friends and have fun together by sharing your activities via stories and snaps. But what if you want to detach yourself from several friends on Snapchat? Is there a way to mass delete Snapchat friends? Read on to find out.
Is It Possible to Mass Delete Snapchat Friends?
Yes. There is no official way to mass delete friends on Snapchat. Snapchat only gives you the option to delete friends one by one. This means if you wish to delete multiple friends, you will need to remove them individually from either the chats section or your friends list. However, there is one way that allows you to mass delete Snapchat friends. Let’s look at it below.
How to Remove Multiple Friends on Snapchat with the Only Solution
At the moment, there is only one solution to remove multiple friends on Snapchat without using any third-party tool. To delete your friends on the platform, you will need to delete your Snapchat account. Once you do that, your chats and friends list will be erased. So, this method should be used as a last resort. Here are the instructions:
- From the left-hand menu of Snapchat, select the My account and security option.
- Now click on the “delete my account” link and then choose an appropriate reason why you are deleting your account.
- Next, fill out the required information and then hit the Send button. Once the account deletion process is complete, all your chats and friends will be removed.
How to Remove Friends on Snapchat One by One
There are three ways to remove friends on Snapchat one by one. These include the following:
Way 1: Friends List
You can remove Snapchat friends one by one from your friends list. Follow these instructions:
- On Snapchat, tap on the Bitmoji icon and then scroll down and select My Friends.
- Now find your friend on the list. You can browse or use the Find Friends option to do this.
- Once you have found the friend that you wish to delete, tap on their Bitmoji and then open the three dots menu.
- Finally, select the Remove Friend option to remove the person from your friends list.
Way 2: Chat Feed
If you have had a recent conversation with a Snapchat friend, then you can use the chat feed to remove that friend. Here are the instructions:
- On Snapchat, tap on the Message icon and then search for your friend’s name.
- Open the conversation by tapping your friend’s Bitmoji.
- Next, use the three dots menu to open new options and select the Remove Friend option.
- Finally, press the Remove button to complete the process.
Way 3: Search Box
This is another fast method to delete a Snapchat friend. Here’s how to proceed:
- On Snapchat, tap on the search box located in the top-left corner.
- Input the username of the friend that you wish to delete.
- Once their profile appears, use the three dots menu in the top-right corner and then select the Manage Friendship option.
- Now tap on the Remove Friend option and then press the Remove button to confirm.
Read also: how to unpin someone on Snapchat
How to Hide Friends on Snapchat
If you want to hide a friend on Snapchat, it means you don’t wish to see them on your chat list. There is an easy way to do this. Follow these instructions:
- On Snapchat, tap on the ghost icon located in the upper left-hand corner.
- Then select the My Friends option and find the friend that you want to hide.
- Once you have found their username, tap and hold it. A menu will appear with multiple options. Select Chat Settings.
- From the list of options, select the “Clear from Chat Feed” option.
- Then, you need to Clear again to confirm that you want to clear the conversation. Once you do that, they will be hidden from your chat page.
Alternatively, you can hide a friend by selecting the Block option. This option appears when you tap on the gear icon next to a username.
FAQs About Mass Delete Snapchat Friends
Is There a Faster Way to Remove Friends on Snapchat?
No. Officially, you can only delete friends one by one on Snapchat. The only faster solution is to delete your account. It will automatically erase your friends and chats.
Do Third-Party Apps Help Mass Remove Snapchat Friends?
Yes. There are a few popular third-party apps, e.g. Snapchat Unfriend, Friend Remover Bot, etc. that you can use to mass remove Snapchat friends. But they may or may not work and there is also a risk of a ban so use them at your own risk.
Will Someone Know if I Delete Them on Snapchat?
If you delete a friend on Snapchat, they will not be notified. However, they will find out sooner or later when they won’t be able to see your snap score in your profile or when they send you snaps/messages and see a “Pending” status.
Snapchat is a fun way to share quirky snaps and stories with your friends but some of your friends just don’t know when to stop. Fortunately, there is an option to remove friends on Snapchat. Whether you wish to remove friends individually or delete them in bulk, the above-listed guidelines will help you achieve success.