Snapchat users have faced the error “Snapchat can’t find matching credentials” on several occasions while logging into their accounts. This is the worst nightmare for Snapchat users as they have a lot of personal data in their accounts and are afraid of losing it. Here is everything about this error and the solution to this error.
What Does Could Not Find Matching Credentials Mean?
Matching credentials error is a widespread error that often affects Snapchat users worldwide. Basically, matching credentials is a login error; even if users enter the correct username and passwords, they get this error and can’t access their account. Sometimes, even after changing the password, users receive this error.
This happens; Snapchat often starts to lock the individual’s account for security and sometimes unknown reasons. As a result, the users get this error, and even after trying many times, they can’t log in to their account. This is done to protect the account from hacking.
Why Can’t Snapchat Find Matching Credentials?
Sometimes, there is a technical problem with the Snapchat servers. As a result, couldn’t find matching credentials Snapchat error appear. But this is a rare situation, and it happens for a very short period because they have very reliable servers and competent staff.
But the biggest reason for this error is locking the account due to several login attempts from different locations simultaneously. Sometimes, Snapchat finds the situation where the account is being tried to be accessed from a different location. But the original user is already logged in and using the account on his device. Snapchat finds it too risky to leave your account access, so as a security measure, it locks the account until the proper verification.
Snapchat has faced mass account hacks in the past. The major reason for hacking is that; when you use the same username and password on other websites, that may not have efficient security. As a result, hackers find the opportunity to steal your data from social media apps.
How to Fix Could Not Find Matching Credentials Snapchat with 100% Work Solution
There may be various reasons behind this matching credential error. But the most common reason is the security threat to your account, and Snapchat locks your account. But after verification of your account through email and resetting the password, you can get your account back.
Here is the guide you can learn to reset your password:
- Launch the Snapchat app and hit the switch account on the bottom left.
- Click on “Forgot your password.”
- Then you will get password resetting options. There will be two options “via phone” and “via email .”Choose the email option.
- Enter your email address and click on the submit button. A link will be sent to your email.
- Then open your email where Snapchat has sent a link.
- Tap on the link to proceed to the further resetting steps.
- Now it will ask you to change your password.
- Enter a new password, confirm it, and click the save button.
- Now, you can log in to Snapchat with the new password.
How to Fix Snapchat Can’t Find Matching Credentials with Common Tips
There might be a few reasons behind the trouble in logging in. Sometimes the issue is not as big as we think. Maybe you are getting an error due to a minor mistake. Here are some tips for you to get into your account.
1. Check Your Username and Password
Check the spellings of the username and password carefully. If the username is misspelled, or there is a mistake in the password, you may see an error message.
2. Check for the App Update
You might face a login error if you use an older version of Snapchat. Open the google play store and ensure you have updated Snapchat to the newest version.
3. Turn Off your Phone and Then Turn on It
Well, it’s a silly tip, but turning your device off and back on can sometimes fix small issues. It’s worth a try.
4. Reset the Network Setting
An efficient tip is resetting the network setting of your device. You can do this in your device’s general Settings. After resetting, reconnect to your home Wi-Fi network and try to log in again.
5. Avoid Using VPN with Snapchat
Avoid using VPN to log in the Snapchat. If your device is on VPN and you are facing issues logging in to the app, turn off the VPN and try to login again.
How to Prevent Matching Credentials Snapchat Error from Occurring Again
When you know the major reasons behind this error, you will not get it again if you do not repeat the same mistakes. Here are some tips you need to follow so you cannot get matching credentials Snapchat error again.
- Do not share your Snapchat password with anyone as if anyone who has the password will try to login into your account, Snapchat will sense it and can lock your account.
- Use a unique password with a combination of alphabets and digits. Do not use ordinary passwords
- Do not use your Snapchat username and password on any other website to log in. People make this major mistake, and their username and password are hacked.
- Do not use VPN to log in to Snapchat. Snapchat will find this login from a distant location, compares it to the previous locations, and take this as unusual activity. As a result, Snapchat can lock your account.
- Always keep your Snapchat app updated. It often shows matching credential errors when you haven’t updated the app in a long time.
Facing the matching credential error is a very frustrating situation for Snapchat lovers. But you need to find the reason behind this error and think about how to fix it. The guideline and tips above will surely help you resolve this issue. You can fix these issues by following these tips. The situation is in your hand until there is any technical issue in the servers of Snapchat.