Social media sites like Twitter allow anyone to instantly express their thoughts and delete them in a blink of an eye. The thing about the Internet is that everything you post out there can be retrieved, one way or another. Check out this guide on how to view deleted tweets.
Can You View Deleted Tweets?
The answer is yes, you can view tweets even after you delete them. You just need to know the different methods to do so. Some of the easiest ways to view deleted tweets are through archives and caches, as well as a deleted tweets viewer.
However, you should know that viewing a removed post on Twitter may not always be possible through these methods.
If this is the case, you can try your luck by finding sources that are likely to post screenshots of the deleted tweet. Just keep in mind that this can be challenging and time-consuming. Make sure to allot lots of time and patience if you plan to go this route.
How to View Deleted Tweets Without Using Third-Party App
Way 1: Request an Archive of Your Account
- You can find deleted tweets from your account by requesting an archive. Log in to your Twitter account to start.
- Then, tap on your profile icon and go to Settings and Privacy.
- Look for Your Account settings.
- From there, select Download an archive of your data.
- You will be asked to authorize the action by entering the verification code sent to your email. Then, tap on Request Archive.
- Wait for Twitter to send the file to your registered email.
- Once you receive the email, download the file and extract the contents.
Way 2: Search the Twitter Archives
- To find other people’s past tweets, you can head to Twitter’s Advanced Search tool at https://twitter.com/search-advanced.
- Enter necessary details such as keywords, exact phrases, words to exclude, account name, hashtags, and more. You can also specify dates and date ranges.
- Tap on the Search button. The search will return all the tweets that satisfy your filters, but keep in mind that the deleted tweets you are looking for may not only appear.
Way 3: Make Use of Google
- Google is always a helpful tool for all kinds of searches. To use it to check deleted tweets, simply type in keywords related to or included in the post.
- Include user handles if you have a particular account in mind.
- Make use of quotation marks if you know the exact phrase used.
- Go through the search results to see the removed tweet that appears, including cached versions of the pages.
- You can also use Google to look for accounts, websites, or other sources that have posted a screenshot of the deleted tweet.
Way 4: Check Wayback Machine
- Another way to see deleted tweets is to use Wayback Machine. To start, navigate to the Wayback Machine website.
- Enter the link to the profile of the specific account you want to search. You can also enter keywords. The search will return with a calendar view marked with spots with snapshots of the page.
- Click on the dates with spots to view the snapshots. You might want to start around the date it was posted.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you see replies to deleted tweets?
Yes, you can see replies to deleted tweets, but only if the users who replied have set their accounts to the public.
Can I see deleted tweets with Snapbird/Twipu?
Yea, you can view removed posts using a deleted tweet viewer like Snapbird or Twipu. Keep in mind that third-party tools like these might require you to grant access to your account by logging in. However, some platforms do not need such access.
How do I download deleted videos from Twitter?
If you want to retrieve deleted videos from your own account, your best bet is to request an archive of your account. The archived file which will be sent by Twitter includes everything you have posted on your account.
What site saves deleted tweets?
If you want to read deleted tweets without third-party tools, then Google is your best choice, as long as the cache still exists. The Wayback Machine is also a great choice, but only if the page has a snapshot.
There are many reasons why you might want to view deleted tweets. Now that you know how to find deleted tweets, you can begin your search to find the posts you are looking for.