Snapchat is a fun social media platform that lets you send and receive unlimited snaps with your friends and family. It is also a great platform to find and make new, like-minded friends. There is a feature called Quick Add that proves invaluable for this specific purpose. In order to fully take advantage of it, you will need to know how it works and how to properly use it. This guide will help you in this regard. So, read on.
- 1 What is Quick Add on Snapchat?
- 2 What is Quick Add on Snapchat Based on?
- 3 How to Use Quick Add Snapchat
- 4 How to Add Friends Without Using Quick Add on Snapchat
- 5 FAQs About Quick Add on Snapchat
- 6 Conclusion
What is Quick Add on Snapchat?
Quick Add is a feature of Snapchat that helps you find new potential friends on the platform. It uses certain algorithms to find users who have the same interests as you and then lists them in a separate section where you can choose to add them as friends. There are several different factors Quick Add uses to make recommendations. For instance, if someone has been added to your contact list or you have a mutual friend on Snapchat, then it is likely that they will appear as a Quick Add recommendation.
What is Quick Add on Snapchat Based on?
There are several factors Quick Add on Snapchat is based on. In terms of functionality, it is similar to the “People You May Know” feature of Facebook. Considering this, it is safe to say that it makes recommendations based on your mutual interests, friends, location, and other metrics.
How to Use Quick Add Snapchat
Using the Quick Add feature of Snapchat is quite straightforward. Follow these instructions:
- In the Snapchat app, navigate to your profile page via the top left profile icon.
- Once there, scroll down and find the Add Friends button. It will be listed under the Friends category.
- Once you tap on that button, you will arrive at the Quick Add page and you will see different Snapchat users listed there.
- Simply tap on the Add button beside a Snapchat username to send a friend request. Friends added this way will be listed under the “Added using quick-add” category. Once your friend request is accepted, you will be able to view the users’ filters and stories.
How to Add Friends Without Using Quick Add on Snapchat
You can add friends on Snapchat without using the Quick Add feature. There are several ways to do this. Following are the top 3 methods:
From Your Phone’s Contact List
This is the most common option. Follow these instructions to add Snapchat friends using your phone’s contact list:
- Launch the Snapchat app and navigate to your profile.
- Find and tap on the Friends > Add Friends.
- Now tap on All contacts beside the Quick Adds option. You will need to provide the app permission to access your phone’s contact list. Once you do that, contacts that have Snapchat accounts will become available to add as friends.
Search Their Username on Snapchat
This is a quick and easy way to find and add friends on Snapchat. Here are the instructions:
- Launch the Snapchat app and navigate to Friends > Add Friends from your profile page.
- Use the Search bar to input the username of the person you wish to add as a friend.
- On the search results page, look for the username that you provided and tap on the Add button beside it to add them as your friend.
Scan Snapcode From Their Profile
Each user on Snapchat has a unique Snapcode. You can use it to add friends. Simply request the person you wish to add as a friend to share their Snapcode and then follow these instructions:
- If the Snapcode is shared digitally via the Share Snap Code option, simply scan it with your Snap camera and the owner will be added as your friend.
- If your friend is physically present with you, ask them to open their profile and show Snapcode on their phone. Then use the Snap camera on your phone to scan it. You will see the option to Add Friend.
FAQs About Quick Add on Snapchat
Can I Remove Myself from Quick Add Snapchat?
Yes. Follow these instructions:
- On the Snapchat app, navigate to the Settings menu and find the “Who Can…” section.
- Next, tap on the “See me in Quick Add” option and simply uncheck it.
Is Quick Add Based on Location?
Yes. Location is one of the key factors Quick Add uses to make recommendations. However, it isn’t the only factor. Your mutual interests, friends, etc. are also taken into account.
What is Hidden from Quick Add on Snapchat?
Hidden from Quick Add is a list that contains people that you have hidden from your Quick Add. Users on this list will not be able to add you via the Quick Add function.
How Often Does Quick Add on Snapchat Refresh?
Quick Add Snapchat refreshes when:
- You add someone to your phone contacts.
- Someone on your contact list creates a Snapchat account or starts using the app.
You can also manually refresh Quick Add by clearing the Snapchat cache and then restarting the app.
Quick Add Snapchat is no doubt a very useful feature. Similar to Facebook’s “People You May Know” function, it allows you to find and meet new, like-minded people. Using it is quite straightforward. If you are unfamiliar with it, you can get started by following the above-listed guidelines.