YouTube is one of the most popular video streaming platforms today. Despite being a big name in the industry, it still encounters some glitches from time to time, one of which is the YouTube offline check connection. Learn what causes this problem and how to fix this.
Why Does It Say Youre Offline Check Your Connection YouTube?
You’re Not Connected to the Internet
When you see a message pop up on your screen saying, “You’re offline check your connection YouTube,” chances are the device you have lost the connection to the Internet. This means you need to check your network connection to ensure that the connection is active.
There’s a Software Problem
When there’s a software problem, there may be new updates on the YouTube app or web browser that the developers have rolled out. When the app or browser is outdated, you may get a message saying “Youre offline. Check your connection YouTube.”
There’s a Glitch on YouTube
Sometimes, you’ll get a message that notifies you that you are offline check your connection YouTube. This may be the YouTube app or browser not working due to several reasons, such as technical glitches, some maintenance work, or some updates being rolled out.
How to Fix You are Offline Check Your Connection YouTube Issue
Check Your Network Connection
Ensure you have a stable Internet connection to prevent getting a notification that says “Youre offline. Check your connection. YouTube.” Checking your network connection and its activity status will inform you whether or not this is the reason why you have the problem in the first place.
To help you conduct a YouTube check your Internet connection, do the following steps:
- Click on the Wi-Fi signal or button of the device that you’re using.
- Under it, choose Wi-Fi Settings. Look closely to see if you are connected to the proper SSID or network.
- If you aren’t connected to the right network, you have the option to pick ‘Forget This Network’ and find other networks you want. Just simply key in the name and password to do so.
Update the YouTube App
There are times when the YouTube app glitches or when app developers roll out new updates. This may result in notifications on YouTube you are offline check your connection. To get the app running smoothly, follow the steps below:
- Go to the app store. This can be the App Store for iOS users and the Google Play Store for Android users.
- Search for the YouTube app on the search bar.
- Tap on the ‘Update’ button.
- Wait for the updates to be installed.
Restart Your Device
Another way you can refresh your connections and reset the network adapter of your device to stop getting the “your offline check your connection YouTube” notification is to restart your phone or device.
Restarting Your Phone
- Long-press on your phone’s power button.
- Tap on ‘Restart.’
- Wait for the phone to turn off and turn on once again.
Restarting Your Computer
- Go to ‘Start.’
- Tap on the ‘Power’ button and choose ‘Restart.’
- Wait for the computer to turn off and power on again afterward.
Clear Out Your App or Browser’s Cache
Cookies, app data, browser data, and other similar data often result in the YouTube app or browser not working properly, which may be why you get a “YouTube youre offline. Check your connection.” message.
At times, these can prevent the app or website from working efficiently, which is why you’re getting the notification on YouTube your offline check your connection. To remedy the YouTube you’re offline check your connection problem, clearing out the cache is ideal. Here’s how:
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Tap on ‘More’ located at the top right area.
- Under ‘More tools,’ click on ‘Clear browsing data.’
- Choose the time range date. To delete everything, pick ‘All time.’
- Make sure to tick the boxes next to ‘Cookie and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files.”
- Press on ‘Clear data.’
What causes the YouTube offline error?
There are a number of reasons why the YouTube check your connection error may flash on your screen. This can mean YouTube is down, your device isn’t connected to the Internet, or your browser isn’t updated, among other things.
How do I know if I have fixed the YouTube offline error?
You’ll know there is no YouTube offline error if the message, “Youre offline. Check your connection YouTube” doesn’t appear on your screen anymore and you can watch YouTube videos normally.
Fixing the YouTube offline check your connection problem is possible with the aforementioned steps. With different approaches, you can find different ways to solve this issue if and when you do come across it.